University of Colorado Colorado Springs Staff Association
The Staff Association (SA) is established to represent all members of the staff of the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS). The term UCCS staff is inclusive of individuals designated as University Staff and State Classified Staff. All UCCS Staff are automatically members of the SA. The SA has an elected Executive Board which meets to carry out day-to-day operations of the Association.
The purposes of the SA include:
- Serve in advocacy for the interests of UCCS staff.
- Initiate and provide means for the exchange of information among UCCS Staff relative to issues of concern.
- Initiate and provide means for the professional development of UCCS Staff.
- Foster a spirit of unity and cooperation among all UCCS Staff.
- Study and make recommendations concerning problems and policies of concern relating to the UCCS Staff.
- Provide representation to boards, councils, committees and to work collaboratively with these groups in such areas as strategic planning, fiscal matters, and the overall efficiency of the campus and the University.
- Aid in the strategic planning goal of establishing an environment conducive to the recruitment, retention, development, and recognition of an excellent staff.
- Be responsible for matters of concern as may be assigned by the Chancellor.