School of Public Affairs Admissions

Entrance to UCCS campus | Admissions Office

Undergraduate Admissions

If you are interested in applying admission to UCCS to earn a BACJ degree, please go to the UCCS Campus Admissions webpage for more information on how to apply.

MPA and MCJ Graduate Program Admissions


- A bachelor's degree from a college or university of accredited standing, with grades sufficiently high to indicate ability to pursue graduate work. The applicant may have majored in any field for the undergraduate degree.

Application Materials

  • Online Graduate School Application, which includes a written statement indicating educational and career goals
  • Non-refundable application fee 
  • Official transcripts from all higher education institutions
  • Three recommendations by qualified references that establish the applicant's personal qualifications for graduate work. Recommendations may be from professors, employers, and/or others who are acquainted with the prospective student's professional and/or academic work.
  • Official test scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT), or the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) unless applicants meet the requirements for waiver as stated below.  Standard graduate admission test scores are normally waived when the candidate already has a graduate degree in another field.  Other applicants may have test scores waived if 1) they have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or better and 2) they can demonstrate significant professional employment for a minimum of ten years.     
  • Current resume
  • Some applicants, including International and ESL (English as a Second Language) students, may have additional requirements.  Please contact the School of Public Affairs for more information.

Applicants should submit all admissions materials by July 1 for the fall semester, December 1 for the spring semester, and May 1 for the summer term. Review of applications is conducted on a continuing basis.  Students planning to apply for financial aid should contact the Financial Aid office as soon as possible to determine if earlier deadlines are required.

Students who have missed the deadline for the upcoming semester may register as unclassified students. Up to twelve credit hours of public administration or criminal justice course work taken as a UCCS unclassified student may be applied to the MPA or MCJ degree program.

  Graduate Certificate Admission
Students are not required to apply to a degree program to take courses toward a graduate certificate but must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. All students pursuing a certificate must submit a one-page certificate application to the School of Public Affairs. Students not currently admitted to the MPA or MCJ degree program must submit official transcripts to the School of Public Affairs and submit a brief application and a $25 processing fee to the UCCS admissions office to be admitted as a non-degree student. 

Whether an undergraduate or graduate student, if you are interested in UCCS School of Public Affairs, please sign up as a future student. By simply signing up for an account, you will be kept up-to-date on UCCS news, happenings, events, campus visits, application information, academics and programs of study, and many other opportunities for you!