School of Public Affairs - Finance Info

The Bursar's Office website will help you estimate the cost of tuition and fees.

Financial assistance is available to support those students who would not be able to attend SPA without aid.  The primary source of information about need based student financial assistance as well as scholarships and other non-need based aid is the UCCS Office of Financial Aid, Student Employment and Scholarships.

Qualified students may receive assistance with various types of VA benefits through the Office of Veteran and Military Student Affairs

Additional information on financial assistance programs for graduate students, including scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships may be obtained through the Graduate School.

The School of Public Affairs offers added opportunities to assist students.  Please contact the School directly for more information on the following programs.

  •  The INASMUCH Foundation recently awarded SPA a grant to provide scholarships for students pursuing nonprofit graduate certificate programs. 
  • Mr. Chuck Murphy, President of Murphy Constructors of Colorado Springs, Inc., facilitates relationships between graduate students and nonprofits.  For a stipend, the student will assist in grant production for a nonprofit, gaining experience and connections.  
  • The Arthur B. Murphy Scholarship is for highly qualified graduate students to conduct education in public administration and/or public policy. To qualify students must be enrolled in six hours of SPA coursework in the fall and spring semesters and demonstrate relevant management experience in the public or nonprofit sector, or take 3 hours of field study in public administration prior to graduation.
  • The General SPA Scholarship is to be awarded based on academic merit and financial need. Graduate students must be enrolled fall and spring semesters to be eligible for the award both terms.

Finally, the MPA program qualifies as a Western Regional Graduate ProgramResidents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming are eligible to pay in-state tuition for this program.  Effective Fall 2013, the benefit will be automatically applied to qualified students' tuition bill based on their legal residency.