Residence Life and Housing Petition Process
1) If you wish to move off campus and will still be enrolled as a UCCS student, you must petition out of your housing agreement.
2) Generally students petition out for medical, financial or extenuating circumstances.
3) To petition out you will complete the form below (medical and financial petitions require an additional form, also found below) and submit the appropriate accompanying documentation that will support your reason for your petition.
4) Peitions without any supporting documantations will NOT be reviewed.
5) Petitions should be placed in a sealed envelope and turned into the Office of Residence Life Housing at the Monarch Front Desk Attn: Associate Director
6) Petitions are reviewed by the petition committee who meets twice a month to discuss any petitions. University Withdrawals, graduation and marriages with proper documentation will typically be reviewed and approved by the Associate Director of Residence Life.
7) The petition is reviewed on the first and the 15th of each month. Petitions turned in by the 25th of any month will be reviewed the first week of the following month and Petitions turned in after the 25th of any month will be reviewed the week of the 15th of the month.
8) You can expect a decision approximately thirty days from the date you've turned in your petition.
9) We will notify you of the process and any requests for more documentation or information.
10) Once the committee has rendered a decision you will receive an email from the Associate Director of Residence Life and Housing regarding your petition.
A student whose Petition is approved must officially check out in accordance with the checkout procedures described in the Resident Handbook. Charges will continue until the student completes this official check out process. Final charges will be reflected on the student's account with the University. If the student checks out prior to having their petition approved, the student is responsible for charges that occur from the time of check out until the petition has been approved.
Appeals are sent to the Director of Residence Life and will have them reviewed by a committee. You will be notified in writing to your UCCS email of the decision of your appeal.