What To Do If You Are Being Followed
These tips are designed to help you protect yourself on campus, in town, at your home, or while you travel. These are preventative tips and are designed to instruct you in crime prevention tactics.
- Change direction.
- Cross the street.
- Walk with confidence, hold your head up high.
- Walk briskly.
- Keep looking around and behind you so the follower knows you can't be surprised.
- Go to a well lighted area; a residence hall, the university center, library, classroom, anywhere there are people.
- Notice and remember as much as possible about the person so you can give a good description.
- Report the incident to the University Police. (255-3111).
- If you are held up, don't resist. No amount of money is worth your life.
- Don't assume the robber is unarmed.