Assistant Professor phone: 719-255-5116 email: email@example.com room: ENGR 216
Ph.D. : University of Western Australia, 2009
Currently I have money available to support Physics students at UCCS to do research (PhD, MSc and undergraduates). Please contact me if you are interested and enrolled at UCCS.
Research Interests (theoretical physics)
• High frequency dynamics of magnetic thin films and heterostructures
• Ferroelectric and multiferroic materials
• Liquid crystals
• Dielectric and magnetic nanoparticles for optical, microwave and biomedical applications
• Single molecular magnets
• 2012 onwards, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Energy Science, UCCS
• 2010-2011, Postdoctoral Fellow, Australian Resources Research Centre, Earth Science Division, CSIRO
• 2010, Senior Research Associate, Department of Physics and Energy Science, UCCS
• 2009, Research Associate, Condensed Matter Group, School of Physics, University of Western Australia
• Modern Physics (PES3130): Fall 2013
• Physics 3 (PES2130): Spring 2013
• Physics 2 (PES1120): Fall 2012
• Physics 1 (PES1110): Spring 2012, Fall 2013 • Undergraduate research supervision: 2012-2013
• "Resonant frequencies on a binary magnetic nanowire," K. L. Livesey, J. Ding, N. R. Anderson, R. E. Camley, A. O. Adeyeye, M. P. Kostylev and S. Samarin, Phys. Rev. B in press (2013).
• "Domain dynamics and fluctuation in artificial square ice at finite temperatures," Z. Budrikis, K. L. Livesey, J. P. Morgan, J. Akerman, A. Stein, S. Langdridge, C. H. Marrows and R. L. Stamps, New J. Phys. 14, 035014 (2012).
• "Magneto-optical observation of four-wave scattering in a 15-nm Ni81Fe19 film during large-angle magnetization precession," H. T. Nembach, K. L. Livesey, M. P. Kostylev, P. Martin-Pimentel, S. J. Hermsdoerfer, B. Leven and B. Hillebrands, Phys. Rev. B 84, 184413 (2011).
• "Strain-mediated magnetoelectric coupling in magnetostrictive/piezoelectric heterostructures and resulting high frequency effects," K. L. Livesey, Phys. Rev. B 83, 224420 (2011).
• "Domain wall and microwave assisted switching in an exchange spring bilayer," T. J. Fal, K. L. Livesey and R. E. Camley, J. Appl. Phys. 109, 093911 (2011).
• "Exchange bias induced by domain walls in BiFeO3," K. L. Livesey, Phys. Rev. B 82, 064408 (2010).
• "Magnetic metals give better attenuation in small waveguides operating at high microwave frequencies than non-magnetic metals," K. L. Livesey and R. E. Camley, Appl. Phys. Lett. 96, 252506 (2010).
• "High frequency susceptibility of a weak ferromagnet with magnetostrictive magnetoelectric coupling: using heterostructures to tailor electromagnon frequencies," K. L. Livesey and R. L. Stamps, Phys. Rev. B 81, 094405 (2010).
• "Effect of transverse magnetic correlations on a coupled order parameter: shifted transition temperatures and thermal hystereis," K. L. Livesey and R. L. Stamps, Phys. Rev. B 81, 064403 (2010).