Transfer orientation is designed for students:
1. Who have completed college courses after high school,
2. Who are 21 years of age or older and have not completed college courses after graduation of high school, or
3. Who have completed more than 12 credit hours at another institution after leaving UCCS.
If you have not attended any college previously, you will need to attend a freshman orientation. If you completed courses as a high school concurrent student, or took advanced placement tests to earn credit, you will still need to attend a freshman orientation.
If you have questions about which orientation you should attend, please call the Orientation Office at 719-255-3098.
Some of our transfer orientation dates will also include a short, 45-60 minute military orientation. This session is designed to assist current and former active-duty military members utilizing military benefits to attend UCCS to learn more about using their benefits to attend UCCS and how UCCS can support them in their transition to college. To find out which transfer dates include this special military orientation, go here.
Prior to coming to orientation, you will need to complete the following:
1. If needed, take the Math Placement Test - Only certain majors require the Math Placement Test (MPT). To find out if you need to take it, visit here. If your major is not listed, you do not need to take the Math Placement Test. The MPT does cost a nominal amount, and is only available online.
- Take the Math Placement test by clicking here.
- If you have any questions, have taken college level math before, or taken AP or IB math tests, contact email@example.com.
2. Turn in a copy of certified records showing proof of two Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) shots - Per Colorado State Law, all UCCS students must submit immunization records proving they have received two Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccines. Failure to satisfy this requirement will result in a block being placed on your student account which will prevent you from further class registration. Please bring a copy of your immunization records to Orientation or have them mailed, e-mailed, or faxed to the Student Health Center prior to your Orientation date. More information about this and other immunization requirements can be found here.
3. Send in your most recent official copy of your transcript - Your advisor will be unable to properly aid you in choosing your classes until you have done this. You can send this in to Admissions and Records. To find out more about sending in transcripts visit Admissions and Records website here.
4. Check your email for the orientation confirmation email - This email will have important information, such as the orientation location/time for check-in. You should receive this email approximately one week after you submit your orientation reservation form. Check your spam/junk folder or call the Orientation Office at 719-255-3098 if you do not see it.
5. Claim your UCCS account - To claim your account, you will need your Student ID number. If you do not know your ID number, contact Records at 719.255.3361. Once you have your Student ID number visit here and select Claim your Account. Follow the instructions and retrieve your UCCS username and set your password. Contact Helpdesk at 719.255.3536 with any issues you encounter.
6. Read the Student Rights and Responsibilities - These are expectations UCCS has for you and what you can expect from UCCS.
7. Check out Preparing for Transfer Orientation - This site has information on everything you need to do starting from when you get accepted to UCCS until you attend an orientation.
8. Relax! Orientation is a busy, but fun-filled, day where you'll meet new friends, register for classes, and learn more about UCCS.
Please note that this is a sample schedule. Your schedule will differ depending on what time your orientation begins.
Check-in time, obtain IDs, & Resource Fair
Intro: Campus Resources & Student Health Center
What you can do with your Lion One Card
Families and Students split
Advising/Registration (students only)