Friends and Family
Due to space limitations, no more than two guests and/or parents per student is permitted. Students and their guests/parents will be separated for a majority of the day.
Math placement test notice (if you need college algebra or higher for your major):
- Only certain majors require the Math Placement Test (MPT). To find out if you need to take it visit here. If your major is not listed you do not need to take the Math Placement Test. The MPT does cost a nominal amount, and is only available online.
- Take the Math Placement Test by clicking here.
- If you have any questions, have taken college level math before, or taken AP or IB math tests, contact Katie Horner at 719-255-3659 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you decide on a different major than what you originally noted on your orientation reservation, please contact the Orientation Office at 719-255-3098 or email@example.com immediately. You will have time to meet with just one advisor at your orientation session. We need to ensure that you meet with the correct advisor and you receive the appropriate academic plan at orientation.
Please park in Lot 1, 3, 4 or the parking garage. You will not need a parking permit in these lots (courtesy of the UCCS Parking Services office).
- Do not park in any other lot on campus or in the parking/visitor garage. We cannot reimburse this expense.
- Do not park in fire lanes, loading zones, or other restricted parking spaces.
- Campus parking restrictions are enforced by Parking Services and the UCCS Police Department.
- For a detailed map of campus go here.
Before your orientation
1. Set up your myUCCS Student Portal account (username and password) before your orientation day. You will need your account set up in order to enroll in classes. Go here to set up your account (this involves retrieving your username and setting up your password). The video below explains in detail how to claim you account online. Contact the IT Helpdesk at 719-255-3536 if you have any issues.
2. If you are a Colorado resident sign up for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) before your orientation day. You can learn how to do that here. COF will allow for a reduction in your tuition when you enroll in classes. When you enroll in your classes at orientation, you will authorize your COF stipend to be paid to UCCS. You have the option of authorizing COF each semester when you enroll in classes, or you may choose the Lifetime Authorization (you only authorize once, that authorization stays in effect until you change it). If you do not apply for and authorize COF, you will pay full tuition.
- For questions about authorizing COF, please contact the Bursar office at 719-255-3391.
- For questions about COF eligible courses and lifetime COF hours, please contact the Registrar's office at 719-255-3361.
Orientation fee (non-refundable)
It is necessary for the orientation program to charge a one-time fee ($60) on your student bill in order to provide program staffing and materials. The orientation program does not charge this fee for profit. This fee is assessed once you have attended an orientation and enrolled in at least one class. Even if you drop all of your classes and choose not to attend UCCS this fee will not be dropped.
Please remember to check your student bill at least once a month (even if you drop all of your classes).
Other important information
1. Be sure to complete the pre-Orientation checklist found here.
2. Per Colorado State Law, all UCCS students must submit immunization records proving they have received two Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccines. Failure to satisfy this requirement will result in a block being placed on your student account which will prevent you from further class registration. Please bring a copy of your immunization records to Orientation or have them mailed, e-mailed, or faxed to the Student Health Center prior to your Orientation date. More information about this and other immunization requirements can be found at www.uccs.edu/shc.
3. Most offices on campus are only open 8:00a-5:00p Monday through Friday. Be sure to plan accordingly.
4. Bring your photo ID with you.
5. Bring copies of your college transcripts (if you took college classes while you were in high school and the UCCS Admissions Office has not yet received your transcripts).
6. Bring AP or IB test scores, if you have them.
7. Bring a smile - you will be photographed for your Lion OneCard.
8. Be prepared to do some walking.
9. Lunch will be provided for you and your two guests.
10. If you have a disability and will need assistance at your orientation session, please contact Disability Services at 719-255-3354 at least one week before your orientation session.