The Presidents Fund for Student Diversity supports student programs, events, and travel that enhance ethnic, cultural and gender diversity among University of Colorado students in accord with the UCCS Diversity Strategic Plan. (www.uccs.edu/diversity). Grants to student groups or their members are intended to supplement funding obtained through fundraising and financial support (i.e. SGA, department support, etc.)
Eligible activities include but are not limited to:
- Exhibits, performances, productions or workshops
- Cultural celebrations to enhance the university community's knowledge, awareness and appreciation of a broad range of diverse cultures
- Travel funds to promote student networking, professional development, and participation at relevant state regional, or national conferences
- Visiting scholars/artists/lecturers
Preference is for well-written proposals that foster collaboration and demonstrate the greatest impact in advancing diversity, inclusiveness and community at UCCS. Proposed expenses must be reasonable and well documented. Funds are limited and will be allocated carefully to provide broad support for student initiatives.
Please use the appropriate application form, (Event Form, PDF) or (Travel Form, PDF). Forms can also be obtained by visiting the MOSAIC office, University Center Room 110. Funding requests will be approved by the MOSAIC office in collaboration with the Associate Vice Chancellor for Diversity & Inclusiveness.
- A written report must be submitted to MOSAIC within two weeks after funded activities have occurred. The report will share information on program outcomes, participation and accounting for expenditures.
- Awarded recipients are expected to prepare a poster describing what they learned from the funded activity. Posters will be displayed at the MOSAIC End-of-Year Celebration. Recipients are asked to attend the celebration to explain the poster and answer questions.
Anthony J. Cordova
University Center, Room 110A
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
719.255.3040 | email@example.com