Matlab (http://www.mathworks.com) is an industry-standard, powerful computational platform. Since Janaury 2016, it is avaialble to all UCCS students and faculty, via a campus-wide license, for installation on personal and office computers.
- Math 2650 - Intro to Computational Math - 1 credit Hour (offered every Fall and Spring)
- Math 3650/3670 - Intro to Scientific Computation - 2/3 credit hours (every Fall)
Matlab Tutoring @ UCCS:
The Excel Math Center, in collaboration with the Math Department, is offering MATLAB tutoring sessions in ENG 233 for all UCCS students enrolled in Math courses that utilize MATLAB.
This page contains a few of the numerous web resources available for free to UCCS students (as of Spring 2010).
More Free Tutorials
Free downloadable (chapter by chapter) books on MATLAB
- Numerical Computing with MATLAB, by Cleve Moler: http://www.mathworks.com/moler/chapters.html
- Experiments with MATLAB e-book, by Cleve Moler: http://www.mathworks.com/moler/exm/chapters.html
- An Introduction to Programming and Numerical Methods in MATLAB, by Otto & Denier: http://springerlink.com/content/w8302n/ [requires UCCS campus network]
- Scientific Computing with MATLAB and Octave. by Quarteroni & Saleri, http://springerlink.com/content/xjtpq1/ [requires UCCS campus network]
Other useful (general) MATLAB books:
- Learning MATLAB, by Tobin Driscoll, SIAM 2009
- MATLAB, An Introduction with Application, 3rd edition, by Amos Gilat, Wiley 2008
- MATLAB: A Practical Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving, by Stormy Attaway, Elsevier 2009
Specialized MATLAB books:
- Scientific Computing with MATLAB and Octave, 2nd ed., by A. Quarteroni and F. Saleri, Springer 2006
- Solving Applied Mathematical Problems with MATLAB, by Xue & Chen, CRC Press 2008, Companion site at http://sites.google.com/site/matlabineducation/matlab-in-education/math-matlab
- Intuitive Probability and Random Processes using MATLAB, by Steven Kay, Springer 2006, http://springerlink.com/content/p81181 [requires UCCS campus network]