The Kraemer Family Library's mission is to provide information services, sources, and instructional support services that are essential to the teaching, research, and service mission of the University of Colorado Colorado Springs.
Student success is paramount to the Library's mission and is key to its success. The Library supports student engagement and persistence by:
- Providing a learner-focused instructional program that develops self-sufficiency in finding, selecting, evaluating and using information.
- Helping build information literacy skills and competencies needed to become independent, life-long learners.
- Empowering students to become information literate thus decreasing anxiety and increasing confidence in their ability to tackle new subjects and issues. The information literate student:
- determines the nature and extent of the information needed.
- accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
- evaluates information and its sources critically and incorporates selected information into his or her knowledge base and value system.
- understands the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information and thus, accesses and uses information ethically and legally.
- Providing a place on campus for students to see faculty outside the classroom and to spend time with other students.
- Providing a quiet place for study with one-on-one assistance in accessing information.