Faculty and Staff Circulation Policies

Contact Information

Circulation Desk
Kraemer Family Library

question mark icon

Ask a Librarian!

Need help with research or using the library? Chat, call, email, or text the Reference Desk.

Call: 719-255-3295

Email: Send an Email

Text(sms): 719-344-2381

Faculty and Staff Circulation Policies

Faculty and staff must have a UCCS Faculty/Staff ID card to check out materials. Faculty and staff check out periods are listed below. Most items can be renewed three times unless a hold exists for the item.

Check Out Periods for Faculty and Staff

Please see the Loan Periods Chart for check out periods for UCCS Faculty and Staff.

Additional Policies

Recalling Items
Faculty and staff check outs are recalled after six weeks if requested by another patron. One week is given for the return of the item. The faculty or staff member may request that the book be returned to them after use by the other patron.

Overdue & Lost Item Fees
Faculty and staff are not charged overdue fines. Faculty and staff are billed for lost materials. Items which have been overdue for over three months, are considered lost. They are billed at the standard replacement charge or the cost of the item, whichever is higher.

Loss of Circulation Priveleges
Failure to pay for books declared lost after several notices will result in the loss of circulation privileges, and, in keeping with University billing procedures, bills will be referred to a collection agency.

Library Card for Faculty Spouses

Spouses of full-time faculty may use a public library card with a Colorado Library Card sticker or emblem to check out a total of five items. Spouses may also choose to receive a special borrower's card from the library. This card does not have the five-item restriction.

Your spouse will be responsible for any items checked out, as well as overdue fines or lost book charges. The check out period will be equivalent to the regular student check out of three weeks.

The card may be picked up at the circulation desk and is good for one year If you (the faculty member) leave the University, the card will no longer be valid.

If your spouse is interested in obtaining a card, please refer him/her to the Circulation Desk.

Library Card for Faculty Research Assistant

UCCS faculty and staff may request to have a Research Assistant account established for students who are conducting research for them and need to check-out and/or request KFL and Prospector items on their behalf.

Please note that:

    • All borrowing privileges including circulation periods will be the same as for faculty checkouts.
    • Research Assistant accounts are intended to be used for individuals performing work on your behalf and are not for personal use.
    • The authorizing faculty/staff member is responsible for all items checked-out to the Research Assistant account. This includes paying any lost/damaged books charges incurred on the account.
    • Research Assistants must present both their Research Assistant Library Card and a valid picture ID (e.g. a UCCS ID card, driver's license, passport, military ID) when picking up items or requesting items under a Research Assistant accounts. Under no circumstances are patrons allowed to check-out items without presenting a valid picture ID.
    • Research Assistant cards will expire at the end of the semester, and a new request must be made each semester.

Faculty members wishing to establish a Research Assistant account must complete the Research Assistant Request Form.

Both the faculty member and the designated research assistant must be present when submitting the form at the Library's Main Circulation Desk.