NSCAA Credit Program - Frequently Asked Questions


Click logo to return to NSCAA Program Page

+ Is the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (UCCS) an accredited institution?

+ Is the graduate credit offered through this program accepted by graduate programs at UCCS?

  • Yes. Graduate programs at UCCS do accept this credit for elective purposes.

+ By registering for credit in this program, am I being admitted to UCCS?

  • No. The credit in this program is offered by the Extended Studies Program at UCCS. Even though you are creating an official record at UCCS by obtaining credit through this program, you are not being admitted formally to UCCS.

+ Will my credit appear on an official transcript?

  • Yes. Please see our Transcript Request Page for instructions on how to request your official transcript after your coursework is completed.

+ Will I earn letter grades for my coursework in this program?

  • Yes. All NSCAA courses earn letter grades on your UCCS transcript.

+ I have not yet taken any NSCAA courses. Should I do that before I register for credit with UCCS?

  • Yes. You should register for credit with UCCS contemporaneously with your registration with NSCAA.

+ I have taken NSCAA courses. Does that mean I am registered automatically for credit with UCCS?

  • No. UCCS credit is available to anyone who has taken an NSCAA course, but the credit is optional. Therefore, your credit registration with UCCS is completely separate from your registration with NSCAA.

+ Where do I go to take an NSCAA course?

  • Go to the NSCAA Home Page. Residential and non-residential courses all across the U.S. are listed at their web site.

+ Is the UCCS credit cost included in my NSCAA registration?

  • No. The tuition cost for UCCS credit is completely separate from any fees paid to NSCAA.

+ I am registering with UCCS for the first time. How do I begin my registration?

  • First-time registrants at UCCS must first apply to the Extended Studies Program, a process which may take 2-3 business days. When you have completed the application process and received your 9-digit UCCS Student ID, then you will be able to claim your myUCCS student portal account, register for your course and pay for your course. These processes are outlined in detail on the registration document available at our NSCAA Home Page - see the second item under "How To Obtain UCCS Credit For Your NSCAA Course".

+ I missed the deadline to register for credit. What do I do now?

  • Don't worry. Credit registration for NSCAA courses is ongoing. However, toward the end of each semester at UCCS, registration will shift into the upcoming semester. Current registration information should be posted no later than one week after the expiration date listed at our NSCAA home page. Always make sure to request registration for the current semester.

+ I registered for UCCS credit, but then realized I don't need it. How do I withdraw from the UCCS credit, and can I get my money back?

  • You may withdraw from your credit registration using your online myUCCS student portal account, if registration is ongoing for the semester you are enrolled in, and if your grade has not been posted. When you withdraw from a course through your portal account, the withdrawal will trigger a full refund of any tuition paid and/or a reversal of any charges incurred. If, however, you are attempting to withdraw after the semester in which you registered has come to an end, or after your grade has already been posted, you will not be able to accomplish the withdrawal in your portal account. You will need to e-mail LAS Extended Studies to request a withdrawal form. Depending on the circumstance, you may still receive a full tuition refund; however, LAS Extended Studies reserves the right to withhold up to $50 in late withdrawal fees.

+ Do I need to tell NSCAA to report my grade to UCCS? 

  • No. Your final letter grade on your UCCS transcript will be determined by your completion of the NSCAA coursework (which you will confirm by submitting a copy of your NSCAA diploma - see the fifth item under "How To Obtain UCCS Credit For Your NSCAA Course" at our NSCAA Home Page) and our faculty's evaluation of your one-page paper submission. As long as you have registered with UCCS, completed the coursework with NSCAA and submitted your academic paper, you do not need to do anything further. Grades will be reported at the end of the semester (third week of May for Spring 2014).

+ I have registered, but I do not see a balance and the system won't let me make the tuition payment. Is there something wrong?

  • No, there is no problem. Every semester, there is a date at which tuition balances will begin to post to student portal accounts. If you register before this date, your balance will not post immediately, and you will not be able to pay your tuition right away. Please continue to check back to your student portal account, and when you see the balance has posted, go ahead and make the payment. For Spring 2014, balances will not begin to post until approximately January 3, 2014. For registrations completed after this date, the balance should post immediately or within 24 business hours. Your tuition payment is due as soon as the balance has posted.

+ I took an NSCAA course in the past, previous to the current semester. Can I still get credit for it?

  • Possibly, although it is preferable if you are enrolling for academic credit in the same university semester in which you are completing your NSCAA coursework. Please be aware that you will always be registering for credit with UCCS in the current semester, and your UCCS transcript will reflect the credit earned in the current semester. We are not able to issue credit in any but the current semester. You will need to complete any required academic coursework before a grade can be issued to your transcript. Any questions regarding this policy should be directed to LAS Extended Studies.

+ I don't see my NSCAA course on your list of courses available for credit. Can I still get credit for it?

  • Please contact LAS Extended Studies to inquire about courses not listed at our web site, although if our web site does not list a course, it is unlikely that it is accredited by UCCS.

+ What is the SIS administrative fee?

  • The SIS administrative fee is assessed by the UCCS campus administration on all Extended Studies activity. The fee is $2/credit hour and will be added to your balance automatically upon registration.

+ Will I get any kind of confirmation of my enrollment?

  • No, but you can use your myUCCS portal account to do this. You can view your current schedule under the "MyAcademics" tab. Or, request to view your unofficial transcript to see all courses on your UCCS record; see the Transcript Request Page for instructions on how to view your unofficial transcript.

+ What type of credit is offered for the NSCAA courses?

  • Only graduate credit is offered through our NSCAA credit program, via the SL (Sports & Leisure) departmental designation. Undergraduate credit offerings were discontinued as of the Spring 2014 semester, due to lack of demand.

+ How long do I need to wait to get my grade?

  • UCCS will issue grades at the end of the UCCS semester (third week of May for Spring 2014). If you need to have a grade reported earlier, please contact LAS Extended Studies; in some cases, depending on the availability of faculty, we may be able to report your grade earlier, although we cannot guarantee that.