FAQ Page - Graduate Certificate Program in Diversity, Social Justice and Inclusion

Matrix Ctr Logo

Click logo to return to Diversity Certificate Home Page

+ Is the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (UCCS) an accredited institution?

+ Is the graduate credit offered through this program accepted by graduate programs at UCCS?

  • Yes. Graduate programs at UCCS do accept this credit for elective purposes.

+ By registering for credit in this program, am I being admitted to UCCS?

  • No. The credit in this program is offered by the Extended Studies Program at UCCS. Even though you are creating an official record at UCCS by obtaining credit through this program, you are not being admitted formally to UCCS.

+ Will my credit appear on an official transcript?

  • Yes. Please see our Transcript Request Page for instructions on how to request your official transcript after your coursework is completed.

+ Will I earn letter grades for my coursework in this program?

  • Yes. All certificate courses earn letter grades on your UCCS transcript.

+ Is it possible to take individual courses without applying to the certificate program?

  • Yes. Most courses listed on the certificate page may be taken without applying for the certificate. However, you cannot officially earn the certificate until you formally apply to the certificate program (see the "Application Process" page).

+ I am registering with UCCS for the first time. How do I begin my registration?

  • First-time registrants at UCCS must first apply to the Extended Studies Program, a process which may take 2-3 business days. Click here to download the instructions to apply for non-degree graduate admission. When you have completed the application process and received your 9-digit UCCS Student ID, then you will be able to claim your myUCCS student portal account, register for your course, and pay for your course. Whenever you register for a course, you will need the 5-digit Class Number which identifies your course in the UCCS online registration system. You will find 5-digit Class Numbers listed on the COURSE OFFERINGS page of the certificate web site.

+ I missed the deadline to register for credit. What do I do now?

  • Contact LAS Extended Studies to request late enrollment paperwork. If the faculty member teaching the course approves, you will be able to add the course late. A $25 late registration fee will apply (no exceptions).

+ I registered for UCCS credit, but then pulled out of the partner organization's course. How do I withdraw from the UCCS credit, and can I get my money back?

  • You may withdraw from your credit registration using your online myUCCS student portal account, if you are withdrawing before the published registration deadline for your course. Go to our Withdrawal Page for instructions. When you withdraw from a course through your portal account, the withdrawal will trigger a full refund of any tuition paid and/or a reversal of any charges incurred. If, however, you are attempting to withdraw after the published registration deadline, you will not be able to accomplish the withdrawal in your portal account. You will need to e-mail LAS Extended Studies to request a withdrawal form. In many cases, when you withdraw after the published registration deadline, you will still receive a full tuition refund; however, LAS Extended Studies reserves the right to withhold up to $50 in late withdrawal fees.

+ I have registered, but I do not see a balance and the system won't let me make the tuition payment. Is there something wrong?

  • No, there is no problem. Every semester, there is a date at which tuition balances will begin to post to student portal accounts. If you register before this date, your balance will not post immediately, and you will not be able to pay your tuition right away. Please continue to check back to your student portal account, and when you see the balance has posted, go ahead and make the payment. For Summer 2014, balances will not begin to post until approximately May 20, 2014. For registrations completed after this date, the balance should post immediately or within 24 business hours. Your tuition payment is due as soon as the balance has posted.

+ What is the SIS administrative fee?

  • The SIS administrative fee is assessed by the UCCS campus administration on all Extended Studies activity. The fee is $2/credit hour and will be added to your balance automatically upon registration.

+ Will I get any kind of confirmation of my enrollment?

  • No, but you can use your myUCCS portal account to do this. You can view your current schedule under the "MyAcademics" tab. Or, request to view your unofficial transcript to see all courses on your UCCS record; see the Transcript Request Page for instructions on how to view your unofficial transcript.