Kids University InstructorsInstructors for the classes are teachers, content experts, faculty at UCCS, and other dynamic instructors who have been approved by the College of Education and Campus Wide Extended Studies at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS).
Instructor Deadlines For Spring 2014Please make sure that your name and class title is on all material submitted. The following should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the following due dates.
|Due Dates||To Do|
|November 22, 2013 (extended)||Instructor Information: Resume & References (For NEW Instructors Only)|
|November 22, 2013 (extended)||Marketable Description|
|November 22, 2013 (extended)||Detailed Program Description|
|November 22, 2013||Lesson Plan Guidelines|
- All instructors are required to submit to a background check (.docx)
- Instructors will be in their classrooms no later than five minutes prior to class beginning
- Instructors are required to mandate that students are signed in and out of their class
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply? »
- UCCS faculty/instructors, teachers, graduate students, content experts, and the like.
- What can I teach? »
- Instructors are encouraged to teach a class in whatever they have proficient knowledge in. We have many instructors who have professions different than the subject areas of their Kids U courses.
- What if I have to miss a class? »
- Kids U requires that instructors be available and present during each of the classes.
- How much will I get paid? »
- Instructor pay is based on enrollment. Please see the chart below.
Enrollments Total Payment Hourly Rate 11-13 $400 $33/hr 14-17 $450 $37/hr 18-20 $500 $41/hr 21+ $525 $43/hr