The English Language Center prepares students for success in academic studies at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs and other institutions of higher education. The picturesque campus is located at the base of Pikes Peak and provides students with easy access to numerous outdoor activities in the beautiful Rocky Mountains.
Our English Language Center also offers the following advantages:
- Provides students with a culturally sensitive, supportive environment in which to build English language proficiency and academic skills needed for college success.
- Continuous student support from the initial stages of the application process, while studying in the IEP and during the transition into their degree program.
- Opportunities for creative language practice and expression of ideas are provided in content-rich classes and learning experiences outside of class.
- Small class sizes ensure that students’ needs are met and that all students have the opportunity to practice their English in the classroom setting.
- A smooth immigration experience with UCCS issuing students an I-20 form.
- Conditional admissions program that allows qualified international students to be conditionally accepted into the university, permitting students to improve their English skills before they begin their university coursework.
- Two paths for English study; an Academic English path for those students interested in studying a college or university, and a General English path for those students who simply want to improve their English skills while living in the United States.