Applying to the Graduate Program
UCCS Master's in History, 30-credits
How do I apply to the MA History Program?
Step 1 - All applications are completed and submitted online by visiting Application Materials and Submission at the UCCS Graduate School website. PLEASE VISIT: www.uccs.edu/gradschl/admissions.html
- Create a log-in and follow the instructions online.
- Submit a $60 non-refundable application fee ($100 for international applicants)
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university previously attended, regardless of whether a degree was earned or required. Transcripts can be submitted electronically by your institution or by mail to the following address: University of Colorado Colorado Springs/Office of Admissions and records/ /1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway/Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Step 2 - Make sure that you complete the Department of History application requirements.
- Submit your letter of intent indicating which semester you intend to apply. Letters of intent should address the following questions: Why are you applying for a M.A. in History at UCCS?; What are your fields of interest?; What topic/subject would you like to pursue?; Has any life experience impacted your interest in historical inquiry?; What personal or career goals to you have after completing MA?
- Provide three (3) academic letters of recommendation, ideally from past professors and/or supervisors. Fewer letters may be acceptable as well depending on the circumstances.
- Provide a writing sample of 8-12 pages, approximately. Applicants typically submit a research or analytical/critical essay written during prior academic work. Writing samples with citations and bibliography are preferred.
What is the deadline to apply to the MA Program?
- The History MA program has a rolling admission cycle, meaning that completed applications are reviewed each month by the Graduate Studies Committee. Students may begin the MA program in either the Spring or the Fall semester. We recommend that applicants submit all of their materials several months before the beginning of the semester. Completed applications will be considered up to three weeks before the start of the semester.