1. For Windows Vista - Click on the Start button and select Connect To. For Windows 7 - Right click on your wireless connection icon, located in the lower right hand corner of the screen, and click on "Open Netowrk and Sharing Center"
2. Click on "Set up a connection or network." For Windows 7 users, this link is in the middle of the page.
3. Double-click on "Connect to a workplace."
4. If you see this screen, just make sure "No, create a new connection" is selected, and click Next.
5. Double-click on "Use my Internet connection (VPN)."
6. Type "vpn.wireless.uccs.edu" where it asks for the Internet address and "UCCS Wireless VPN" where it asks for the Destination name. Check the box that says "Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later." Then, click Next.
7. You don't need to enter your credentials now, so just click the Create button.
8. After a few seconds, you should see this window. Click Close.
9. For Windows Vista, Go back to Start and Connect To, and right click on the VPN you just created. Then click on Properties. For Windows 7, Click on your wireless connection icon, located in the lower right corner of the screen.
10. Click the Options tab. Click the down-arrow next to "Time between redial attempts" and set it to 1 second.
11. Go to the Networking tab and click on "Internet Protocol Version 4" to highlight it. Then click the Properties button.
12. Click on the Advanced button.
13. Ensure there is a checkmark in the box titled "Use default gateway on remote nework." Click the OK button on the 3 different boxes until you're back at the Connect To screen.
14. With the Wireless VPN highlighted, click the Connect button.
15. After a few moments, you should see a screen that asks for your credentials. Type your IT username and password and UFP as the domain as shown above, and click the Connect button.
16. To access the Library databases, start Internet Explorer. Go to http://www.uccs.edu/library. Click on the link to "Periodical Indexes by Name or Subject" or "Print and Electronic Journal Holdings".
17. To access the IT accounts, click on the Start button click in the search bar so you can begin typing. Type in \\excelsior.uccs.edu for student accounts or \\enterprise.uccs.edu for staff/faculty accounts. Press the Enter key.
18. When you're finished, click on the Start button, go to Connect To, and click the Disconnect button.