Note: This help sheet is provided for the convenience of our Linux users. We do not have a Linux computer at the IT Help Desk and cannot provide support.
1. You'll need to install 2 packages: pptp-client and network-manager-pptp. You can either do this via your package manager or via command line.
Configuring the VPN2. Once those packages are installed, click on your network connection icon, usually in the upper right hand corner of the screen, unless you've customized your desktop. Go to "VPN Connections" and select "Configure VPN"
You can now access:
Option 1: Connecting to the Library
9. With a web browser, go to http://www.uccs.edu/library. Click Periodical Indexes by Name or Subject or Print and Electronic Journal Holdings.
Option 2: Faculty, staff, and student IT accounts
11. Create empty folders in your local linux home directory. You can use any empty folder.
12. Mount command as root or sudoer. You will be asked for your IT password.
13.(Optional) Create a link on your Desktop.
14. umount /home/username/enterprise/* when done.
15. When you are finished, click "Disconnect VPN" where you first configured VPN in step 2.