The Information Technology Department has purchased licenses for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (including Mac), and Antivirus (Forefront Endpoint Protection) for every university owned computer. The IT Help Desk will install these on any university-purchased computer at no cost to the department. These site licenses do not extend to personally-owned computers.
The IT Department is excited to announce new services being offered for all University owned Apple Mac's, iMac's and MacBook computers. We are now offering iLife, iWork and OSX (Lion) Operating System at no charge. This means that anytime Apple releases new versions of these items, they will be available for your computer at no cost. Please note this does not include iPhones and iPads, those apps are available for purchase via the App Store.
We offer iLife 11 and iWork 09 upgrades on all University owned computers. We will be offering OSX 10.7 (Lion) in the coming days, look for another email regarding details on this.
iWork 09 consists of the following applications:
· Pages 09 (Word equivalent)
· Numbers 09 (Excel equivalent)
· Keynote 09 (PowerPoint equivalent)
iLife 11 consists of the following applications:
· iPhoto 11 (Photo management and Basic photo editing)
· iMovie 11 (Create and Edit home movies and personal videos)
· GarageBand 11 (Create your own music)
If you wish to do these upgrades, below you will find the requirements and process for upgrading.
· This must be a University purchased computer, proof of purchase is required.
· Must be in Intel based computer. PowerBooks, Power PC's and G4's are not eligible for upgrade. If you are unsure about your computer, just let us know and we can assist you in answering this.
· DVD's or Media for these upgrades are not available for distribution, upgrades and installs must be done at the Help Desk
· Bring your computer, power cord and proof of purchase to the Help Desk, located on the first floor of the El Pomar Center. (We can assist with moving Mac Pros and iMacs)
· Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes for the necessary installs and updates of iLife and iWork. You can drop it off and return later if you would like.
· Pickup your computer and enjoy using the new software.
Please note, that we do currently have Microsoft Office 2011 available to all University Macs as well, if you don't have this we can install this at the same time. Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to help.