The Information Technology Department has purchased licenses for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (including Mac), and Antivirus (Forefront Endpoint Protection) for every university owned computer. The IT Help Desk will install these on any university-purchased computer at no cost to the department. These site licenses do not extend to personally-owned computers.
The IT Department has purchased licenses for OSX, Microsoft Office (Mac), and Antivirus (Sophos) for every university owned mac. We are now offering OSX (Yosemite, Mavericks, etc) Operating System at no charge. This means that anytime Apple releases new versions of OSX, it will be available for your computer at no cost. Please note this does not include iPhones and iPads, those iOS updates are available through the Apple App Store.
· This must be a University purchased computer, proof of purchase is required.
· Must be an Intel based computer. PowerBooks, Power PC's and G4's are not eligible for upgrade. If you are unsure about your computer,
just let us know and we can assist you in answering this.
· DVD's or Media for these upgrades are not available for distribution, upgrades and installs must be done at the Help Desk
· Bring your computer and power cord to the Help Desk, located on the first floor of the El Pomar Center. (We can assist with moving computers if a work order is scheduled)
· A typical build takes about 3 business days to complete, but this is no guarentee and problems can arise during the build process. The IT Help Desk will keep you informed of any problems or when the computer is completed.
· Pickup your computer and enjoy using the new software. (Delivery and setup is available if a work order is scheduled)
Please note, that we do currently have Microsoft Office 2011 available to all University Macs as well, if you don't have this we can install this at the same time. Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to help.