A. The UCCS Green Action Fund Committee is a standing committee that derives its authority from the student body which mandates its existence.
A. The UCCS Green Action Fund Committee exists to distribute monies from the Solar Fee to approved Sustainability projects.
1. The UCCS Green Action Fund Committee will strive to encourage student participation in approved projects. 2. Sustainability projects must effectively demonstrate how they will meet or exceed the following:
a. Projects must support the principles and goals of the UCCS Sustainability Strategic Plan. b. They must also demonstrate evidence that sustainability will be achieved by increasing sustainable energy, reducing carbon emissions, increasing efficiency, increasing recycling, reducing waste, reducing per capita water usage, increasing sustainable food service options, increasing education about sustainability, or generally enhancing campus features in a sustainable or environmental manner.
1. The UCCS Green Action Fund Committee shall be composed of a minimum of six (6) members as described herein, a minimum of five (5) of whom are voting members.
a. All voting members of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee must be UCCS current students, faculty, staff or administration.
b. Membership may consist of the following:
i. The Senator of Sustainability for the Student Government Association, by nature of his/her office.
ii. The UCCS Sustainability Director or a representative designated by the Director.
iii. A faculty representative from the Faculty Advisory Committee on Sustainability.
iv. A minimum of two (2) student representatives from either clubs that address sustainability on campus or the Student Sustainability Council.
v. An ex-officio/non-voting representative from Facilities. To provide expertise on the feasibility of proposed sustainability projects.
vi. No more than 25% of the Green Action Fund may be officers from any one organization or employed by the Office of Sustainability (Director and Event Staff are exempt)
c. Additional voting members may be:
i. Student-at-large positions to be held by current fee paying students.
d. Additional non-voting members may include UCCS faculty, staff, Alumni or Students.
i. Students at large may join Green Action Fund Working Committees without membership in Green Action Fund.
B. Appointments and Terms of Office
1. The representative of the Student Government Association and the Senator of Sustainability shall be appointed by the Student Government Association. a. The representative of the Student Government will be confirmed at the committee's first meeting of the academic year.
2. If any of these positions are vacant, the Executive Committee shall assist in seeking volunteers.
3. All terms of office for the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee begin on the first (1st) day of June and end on the following thirty-first (31st) day of May.
4. Of the Green Action Fund members, it is the duty of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee to select a Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Project Coordinator(s), and Communications Chair.
a. Executive positions must be held by current fee paying students who will remain as such for the duration of their term of office.
b. At the final meeting of the academic year the chair shall be elected for the next academic year.
i. In the instance that b. does not occur, at the first meeting of each academic year the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee shall meet and elect the Chair.
c. Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Project Coordinator(s), and Communications Chair should be elected as soon as possible.
d. It is the responsibility of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee Chair to communicate vacancies within the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee, as well as meeting schedules, to the appropriate parties.
e. The Chair is selected by a majority vote that consists of a minimum of two-thirds the Green Action Fund membership.
i. In the case that a two-thirds majority cannot be reached discussion regarding the position will begin until a motion to vote is seconded.
ii. If no two-thirds majority vote can be reached within a single meeting the Executive Committee members, excluding the Chair, will cast the deciding votes and majority vote rules.
f. The Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Project Coordinator(s), and Communications Chair are selected by a majority vote of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee as soon as candidates are presented.
g. If an officer position becomes vacant or otherwise needs to be filled, it is the duty of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee to fill the vacancy.
C. Executive Roles
a. Serve as chief liaison between the Green Action Fund Committee and the UCCS community.
b. Running the general committee meeting shall be the responsibility of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee Chair.
c. Running the executive subcommittee shall be the responsibility of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee Chair.
d. Distributing the agenda for the above mentioned meetings to their respective members shall be the responsibility of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee Chair.
e. Delegating responsibilities to the Vice Chair and other executive members shall be the responsibility of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee Chair.
2. Vice Chair
a. The Vice Chair shall assume the responsibilities of the Chair in his/her absence.
b. The Vice Chair will complete duties and tasks as assigned by the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee or the Chair.
a. Minutes, a record of roll call and other notes are the responsibility of the Secretary.
i. All minutes are a matter of public record and shall be made available as such.
a. Financial records and reports are the responsibility of the Treasurer.
i. All reports are a matter of public record and shall be made available as such.
b. The Treasurer will work closely with the Director of the Office of Sustainability who retains fiscal authority of the Solar Fee account.
c. Treasurer shall be responsible for approving all spending over $100 dollars in coordination with the Director of Sustainability
5. Project Coordinator
a. The Project Coordinator will complete the duties described in the Project Coordinator Job Description.
b. The Project Coordinator will chair the Project Liaison subcommittee.
c. The Project Coordinator will report to the Executive and General Committees the progress and status of the Project Liaisons subcommittee.
d. The Project Coordinator shall be eligible to receive a stipend from the Solar Fee, the amount and duration of which shall be voted upon by the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee upon appointment of the Project Coordinator.
6. Communications Chair
a. The Communications Chair will oversee all of the following activities but not limited to communications, marketing, website updates, press releases, and public relations for the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee and its projects.
b. The Communications Chair will chair the Communications subcommittee.
c. The Communications Chair will report to the Executive and General Committees the progress and status of the Communications subcommittee.
D. Meetings and Agendas
1. The Chair will call the first (1st) meeting after may 31st to order where a permanent chair will be established. If there is no chair, the first meeting may be called to order by any member of the Green Action Fund at which time a chair should be elected.
2. In the absence of the Chair, the Vice Chair shall serve as Chair for that meeting.
3. The UCCS Green Action Fund Committee will meet at least once per month with one meeting a semester being set aside for review of member organizations and budgets.
a. Meetings will be scheduled and called to order by the Chair or Vice Chair.
b. The Treasurer will provide a budget report at that time.
4. Agendas for regularly scheduled meetings will be sent out to committee members and posted at least two days before the meeting by email or on the UCCS Green Action Fund web site by the Chair or Vice Chair of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee.
a. In the event of technical difficulties a hard copy will be left at the ROAR desk.
5. Minutes and agendas will be kept by the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee Secretary. The Secretary will make approved general meeting minutes available to the public. After an academic school year those records should be given to the Office of Sustainability for filing and archiving.
6. The Chair may call a special meeting when an issue for discussion has arisen that requires immediate attention.
7. Proposal review meetings will be held to review and discuss funding of proposed projects.
E. Removal of Members
1. Two (2) unexcused absences within one school year shall constitute consideration of removal from the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee. Removal of a member from the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee requires a two-thirds (2/3) vote of UCCS Green Action Fund Committee voting members.
a. Excluding the member whose membership is being determined.
2. Any gross misuse of power by any member of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee shall constitute consideration of removal from the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee by the same rules as stated above.
IV. Fiscal Guidelines
A. The UCCS Green Action Fund Committee works as a liaison between all member organizations and the Student Government Association to ensure responsible use of student funds from the Solar Fee.
1. The UCCS Green Action Fund Committee will be responsible for monitoring the entire Solar Fee budget in order to assist in forming responses to any deficits and/or surpluses.
A. The UCCS Green Action Fund Committee shall review the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee student fee-sourced budget at a minimum of once per semester.
B. The meeting schedule shall be determined by a majority vote of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee at the first meeting of the year. The Chair shall propose a meeting schedule for the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee to vote on.
A. Quorum shall consist of fifty-one percent (51%) of active membership except in the case of proposal review where a quorum of two-thirds the voting membership is required.
1. Committee members submitting proposals must abstain from voting on their proposal.
B. Current UCCS fee-paying students must always comprise a majority of the total number of votes
C. UCCS Green Action Fund Committee members may be represented by a proxy if the Chair has been notified of such prior to the meeting at which a vote will occur.
D. Members of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee or their designated representative must be present at the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee meeting in order to cast a vote. Votes may not be cast in absentia.
1. Member presence via phone or video call is permissible.
E. A proxy can be any current member of UCCS' staff, faculty, administration or student body. If the Chair is notified in writing prior to the use of a proxy, such designation does not count as an unexcused absence.
VII. External Governing Documentation
A. The policies and guidelines in the most recent edition of Robert's Rules of Order (Newly Revised, 10th Edition, by Henry Robert and William Evans) shall govern the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these Bylaws and other pertinent governing documents.
A. These Bylaws may be amended by the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee with a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the total membership.
B. The UCCS Green Action Fund Committee and all member organizations shall adhere to all University of Colorado, state and federal guidelines, laws and policies.
A. These Bylaws shall become effective upon ratification by approval of a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the total membership of the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee. This document supersedes all other documents regarding the UCCS Green Action Fund Committee and member organizations excepting University of Colorado policies, procedures and guidelines and the SPJ Code of Ethics.