Lecture Capture (video and audio recording)
We have a small recording studio in Columbine Hall 203 equipped with microphones, cameras and recording software to record in a quiet space at your leisure. With our Mediasite recorder, we can record your lecture and immediately upload it to a streaming server (no files to download).
- You may choose to record only your voice and what is displayed on a computer monitor, such as a presentation.
- Ask us to upload the files to the streaming server and the post the link to the recording in your Blackboard course where your students can view it.
Short, Focused Videos
- Consider chunking lectures into five to ten-minute topical segments, or recording five-minute introductions for chapters or assigned readings to help students prepare for class.
- Post a link to these videos on Blackboard along with a quiz.
- Informal personal introductions by the instructor can make a difference in how students perceive the online course environment at the beginning of the semester.
- Camtasia Studio is an efficient program that allows you to record your computer screen while simultaneously capturing audio and video. This is a very convenient tool for recording voiceover presentations for training and creating podcasts.
- We have a recording workstation with Camtasia installed on a PC (there is also a version for Macs) with headsets or a desktop mic for creating screen capture movies.
- The exported recordings can be uploaded to the Mediasite streaming server and linked to your Blackboard course.
- Techsmith, the creator of Camtasia, has numerous tutorials on their website.
- Office Mix for PowerPoint 2013 or 2016 - PC only!
Last updated October 22, 2016