Resources for Faculty
(See also the Campus Services link at the bottom of the UCCS home page.)
Academic calendar, catalog, schedule
Academic honor code, student code of conduct
Accident, damage, theft, locked out of office
Blackboard learning management system
Support for faculty using Blackboard:
Campus contacts for Blackboard training and support:
Books, textbooks, supplies ordering
- UCCS Bookstore, University Center, 255-3250; order textbooks, books, software, etc. online
Class rosters, grade submission
- Faculty can use the self-service section of the Faculty Portal to check enrollments, get student email addresses, submit grades and send emails to a single student or groups. Go to MyUCCS Faculty Portal.
Computer/printer, network problems, hardware and software purchases
Computer and technology support in smart classrooms
Copies: course packets, copyright permissions, handouts, business cards
Emergency notification system (in case of life-threatening emergencies, weather-related closures.)
Faculty Course Questionnaires (FCQ):
- UCCS FCQ Data. Data can be downloaded in Excel format and anayzed/graphed to include in dossiers and merit evaluations.
Grant funding sources, procedures, and questions
Health benefits information
Help for students in specific areas of study - The Academic Centers for Excellence
Keys for office, installation of office items, etc.
Kraemer Family Library - subject liaisons/reference Librarians
Library reserves, Prospector pick-up, account information
Mail and shipping Services
Online course design, Blackboard training
- Faculty Resource Center - Email Scott Switzer, Instructional Designer, Columbine Hall 203, 255-4154
- Faculty Resource Center - Email Sharon Stevens, Online Learning Specialist, Columbine Hall 203 , 255-4872
- Faculty Resource Center - Email Jackie Crouch, Instructional Technologist, Blackboard Certified Trainer, Columbine Hall 203 , 255-4493
Petty cash reimbursement (under $100 and within 90 days of receipt)
Policies, campus and university system
Printing, business cards, flyers, brochures, posters, course packets
- Reserving a Classroom: Admissions Services, Main Hall 108, 255-3839
- Reserving a Lab or Smart classroom
- University Center (meeting rooms, Theatre): Scheduling - UC 101B, 255-3664
Student behavior concerns
Teaching materials preparation - digitizing, lecture capture, etc.
Websites for faculty
- Faculty can have a personal web space for posting their CV, course syllabi and other information. Contact the Web Services Department for a work order to get it set up.
Last updated: January 27, 2015