National Board Candidacy and CertificationBegin the process today to receive up to twelve graduate credits for the many hours you have devoted to your students for improving your teaching practice through the National Board Certification® process.
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards® offers a way through the American Council on Education (ACE) for you to earn up to nine (9) credits. Three (3) credits for completed candidacy and six (6) credits for achieving NBPTS Certification. Three (3) additional credits are available for Certification Renewal.
To learn more about this opportunity go to www.nbpts.orgto apply for your ACE transcript.
American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT)
|Graduate Credit offered by: UCCS College of Education|
|ENROLLMENT DEADLINES||Summer 2013 Deadline: July 24, 2013||Fall 2013 Deadline: December 6, 2013|
view CURR 5030 syllabus »
view CURR 5031 syllabus »
|How to Enroll »|
- The process is convenient and encourages NBPTS to continue living the standards
- Graduate credits or CEUs can be applied toward state licensure renewal
- Graduate credits can be applied toward in-district salary advancement
- Graduate credits can be applied towards an advanced degree
(UCCS cannot guarantee that another institution will accept transfer credits. Check with your academic advisor to determine if these credits can be used toward your advanced degree.)
- Credits earned through the NBPTS process are offered at a drastically reduced tuition rate... $300/credit vs $545/credit.
Receiving UCCS CreditEach participant registering for UCCS credit must:
- Submit Reflection Essays
- Submit a copy of your ACE transcript showing successful Completion of National Board Certification requirements