Colorado Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
The Colorado TESOL Spring Conference (2013) is a one-day conference with the following theme: "Collaboration and Co-teaching: Integrated Service Delivery for the Sake of English Learners." It will be held on Saturday, April 20 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm at the Academy Hotel in Colorado Springs. Participants must register for the conference at: www.colorado.edu/iec/cotesol.
(CoTESOL) Conference 2013
The conference will feature two highly sought after, well-respected professors/researchers/English language learner advocates as keynote speakers: Dr. Maria Dove and Dr. Andrea Honigsfeld. They have been the authors and editors of many recent best-selling books, including: Collaboration and Co-Teaching: Strategies for English Learners (2010); Co-Teaching and Other Collaborative Practices in the EFL/ESL Classroom: Rationale, Research, Reflections, and Recommendations (2012); and Common Core for the Not So Common Learner (2013); and they were the September 2012 TESOL Journal editors for the special edition on collaboration, among other publications.
The conference will also feature a series of breakout sessions including topics regarding successful co-teaching practices, creative collaborations (using technology/online tools, Intensive English Program (IEP) partnerships, teaching abroad, etc.), and helpful Colorado English Language Proficiency Standards tools developed by the Pikes Peak partnership of English Language Development directors to bring content and language teachers together, among others. Our presenters are directors and professors from the University of Colorado (Colorado Springs and Denver campuses) and Regis University, administrators from the Colorado Department of Education, and educators from around Colorado. In between breakout sessions, participants will engage in a collaborative lunch.
Learn more about the The Colorado TESOL Spring Conference (2013) at www.colorado.edu/iec/cotesol.
This course is offered by: UCCS College of Education.
Colorado Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (CoTESOL)
|April 20, 2013
9:00am - 4:00pm
Academy Hotel (closest hotel to the Air Force Academy)
8110 North Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs
Conference registration at www.colorado.edu/iec/cotesol
|view syllabus »
0.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), 5 clock hours.
Enroll By: April 27th
How to enroll »
- Attend the day long CoTESOL conference on April 20, 2013. Participants must register for the conference at: www.colorado.edu/iec/cotesol.
- Collaborate with others on current issues in English language development related to the theme of collaboration and co-teaching.
- Reflect on what they learn at the CoTESOL conference and make connections to their current work/position requirements.
- Attend the CoTESOL Conference on April 20, 2013. Participants must register for the conference at: www.colorado.edu/iec/cotesol.
- Complete the Certificate of Attendance found in the CoTESOL Conference program.
- Submit Certificate of Attendance** to Dr. Stephanie Dewing upon completion of conference attendance on April 20, 2013.
There will be a table set up at the front table in the Academy Hotel to submit these forms.