Public Management Graduate CertificateOnline Programs » Graduate Certificates » School of Public Affairs »
The Graduate Certificate in Public Management program is designed to provide employees and potential employees of public organizations the opportunity to improve their managerial skills as well as their knowledge of the general field of public administration. This certificate, awarded to students interested in public sector management, focuses on the key areas of expertise required of public administrators.
Course CurriculumA Graduate Certificate in Public Management consists of four required classes:
- PAD 5001 Introduction to Public Administration and Public Service
- PAD 5002 Organizational Management and Change
Plus one of the following:
- PAD 5004 Economics and Public Finance
- PAD 5005 The Policy Process and Democracy
And one of the following:
- PAD 5220 Managing People in Public and Nonprofit Organizations
- PAD 5625 Local Government Management
View program details for Public Management »
Gainful Employment CertificateGainful Employment Programs are standalone Title IV-eligible Certificate Programs. Title IV Programs are eligible for Federal Student Aid Grants, Federal Student Aid Loans or Federal Student Aid Work-Study.
For more information regarding graduation rates, the median debt of students completing our certificate programs, and other important information, please visit the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Institutional Research.