Writing Seminar: Teaching Writing in the Intermediate GradesLearn to examine writing as a developing symbol system that is embedded in social and cultural contexts. Gain knowledge of instructional strategies to facilitate children's writing development, as well as develop Individual strategies for composing personal and professional texts.
|Dates TBD||Contact CWES@uccs.edu if they would like information about future enrollment.|
- Knowledge of major writings and research findings related to contemporary writing instruction
- Knowledge of process writing instruction and writers workshop
- Ability to develop and deliver mini-lessons based on the needs of students
- Ability to implement effective "conferencing" strategies when conferring with students
- Ability to assess students' writing and instruct accordingly
- Increased confidence in his or her own writing ability