RN Refresher CourseThis is non-credit course offered at the UCCS campus. Classes will be held in University Hall, 3955 Cragwood Dr, Colorado Springs.
Feel out of practice with today's fast-paced health care environment?Are you an inactive registered nurse or an active registered nurse, but you feel out of practice with today's fast-paced health care environment? If so, then the new RN Refresher Course can bring you up to date with today's technology and standards.
|Fall 2014||Spring 2015||Cost: $2400|
|View Program Details|
The RN Refresher course is an innovative course designed and developed by Beth-El faculty. Kathryn Woods MSN, RN, RN-BC is the current coordinator and lead faculty. Because of the need to maintain standards in a rapidly changing technological world, this course was developed to keep registered nurses knowledgeable about current nursing techniques and practices.
This course provides the 220 contact hours required by Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies for reinstatement, reactivation or licensure by endorsement.
The RN Refresher Course will cover many objectives:
- Review previous knowledge and basic patient care
- Acquire additional knowledge and skills required of a medical/surgical nurse
- Gain a renewed sense of self-confidence as a professional nurse
- Be exposed to traditional and new career/educational opportunities
- Be able to transfer into a staff orientation in any health care environment
- Computer/printer access and basic online internet skills
- Current RN Licensure or temporary work permit from the Colorado Board of Nursing
- Nursing Malpractice insurance
- Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Proof of current American Heart Association or Red Cross CPR training
- Proof of current immunizations to include PPD, MMR, Hepatitis B, and tetanus
- Completion of all required registration forms and payment of tuition and fees.