UCCS Extended Studies:
CostApplication Fee (one-time): $10
Fee per Credit Hour:
$30 (3 credit course = $90)
Additional Fees: books & materials as needed per course
Parking: UCCS Parking Permit or Visitor Parking
No additional discounts for Veterans or Senior Citizens
No academic credit is earned, but the program provides an opportunity for seasoned adults to share in the vast and varied resources of the University.
APPLYParticipants must meet the age criteria, 55 and over and have a clear criminal history. A valid driver's license or government issued picture ID will be required.
- Fill out Listening In Application Form and print
- Submit form with $10 application fee:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (719) 255-3911
- Mail: Campus Wide Extended Studies, 1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
- In-Person: Campus Wide Extended Studies Office, 1861 University Office Park, Suite 100, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
CHOOSE A COURSETwo weeks before the semester starts... find a course using Guest Course Search
- Detailed course descriptions can be found by visiting the UCCS Academic Catalog
- The following courses are not available for Listening In: Online, Weekend University, Extended Campus, Lab (computer, biology, and chemistry), Materials Intensive courses, and Freshman Seminars.
COURSE REQUESTOne week before the semester starts... E-mail your course request to email@example.com
REGISTRATIONUpon confirmation of space availability and permission is granted by the professor, you will be registered officially in the University student database.
Instructor Permission is either:
- via e-mail to CWES from the professor
- signature on the Listening In Registration Form
Registration Deadline and Registration CancellationListening In registration is closed after the second week of the semester. You can receive a 100% refund if you cancel a class during the first two weeks of the semester. No refunds are issued after the second week of the semester.
PAYMENTCourse tuition payment can be made through your myUCCS Current Student Portal, or in person at the Campus Wide Extended Studies office.
ATTENDING CLASSExpectations should be established with the Professor:
- Each course/professor has varying requirements for Listening In participants. The course professor and Listening In student should meet at the beginning of the semester to determine if both have the same expectations regarding pre-requisites, participation in class discussions, class work and assignments.
- Listening In students must adhere to all university student policies when participating in the Listening In program. Refer to: STUDENT CLASSROOM/COURSE-RELATED BEHAVIOR POLICY
|Activate your myUCCS Current Student Portal to access campus resources
||View and/or purchase the required textbooks for your class, visit the Bookstore website and utilize the Textbook tool in the upper portion of the screen using the course information I have listed for you in the "Topic" line.|
ParkingThere is no complimentary parking on the UCCS main campus.
- Mountain Lion Shuttles
- UCCS operates the Mountain Lion Shuttles from the 4-Diamonds Sports Complex on N. Nevada. Shuttle services are provided to all University students, faculty, staff, and visitors free of charge and serve most major campus buildings. Shuttles run on a 10-15 minute schedule from 7:05am until 10:35pm, Monday through Friday
- Visitor Parking Meters
- Visitor parking can be found on the 3rd level of the parking garage and in Lot # 1 at the East end of campus. Parking meters are $2.00 per hour; accepts cash or credit/debit cards.
- Parking Pass
- If you will be on-campus for more than a few hours a week, you may want to consider purchasing a parking pass. Visit Parking Services to learn more about the types of passes available based on your course location.