MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)Online Programs » Masters and Doctorals » College of Education »
- Professional graduate programs designed to promote high standards of professional practice.
- Best practices through content-driven research and practice.
- Individual and collaborative research, creative work, professional development, and service efforts within and outside the College and University that contribute to knowledge of best practice and student achievement.
- A strong academic culture that supports, reinforces, and sustains ethical and professional practice.
Course DescriptionThis program is designed especially for monolingual English speaking teachers, paraprofessionals and pre-service teachers who have English Language Learners (ELLs) in their classrooms, and want to know how to better serve those students. Educators working with individual, small groups or whole classes of ELLs will benefit from this program.
Teachers who have a teaching license from the Colorado Department of Education may use this opportunity to seek a Master of Arts Degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
Students who enroll in courses at the 5000 level MUST apply to the Graduate School in order to enroll in these program courses.
Course CurriculumThe MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) requires 30 semester hours or 10 courses. Each course builds on the next so you must take them in the order as they are listed.
- CURR 5700 - Introduction to Linguistically Diverse/Multicultural Education
- CURR 5701 - Materials and Methods in LDE/Multicultural Education
- CURR 5702 - Literacy for Linguistically Different Learners
- CURR 5703 - Methods, Materials, & Theories of Assessment for ELL's
- CURR 5704 - Practicum in ESL/Multicultural Education
- CURR 5705 - Second Language Acquisition: Capstone
- CURR 5707 - Pro-Seminar: Parent and Community Involvement
- CURR 5713 - Language and Linguistics
- LEAD 5700 - Introduction to Research and Statistics
- CURR 5090 - Research Project (online only)