Gifted and Talented EndorsementOnline Programs » Graduate Certificates » College of Education »
Course DescriptionThis Endorsement prepares teachers at all levels to enhance their teaching methodologies.
All courses are offered in a convenient online format and will transfer into our Online Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction (32 credits).
Course CurriculumThis 26 credit hour endorsement prepares teachers at all levels to enhance their teaching methodologies in Gifted & Talented education. The Endorsement will require 3 credit hours of practicum work.
3 credit courses:
- CURR 5201 - Foundations of Gifted Education
- CURR 5206 - Creativity in Gifted Education
- CURR 5211 - Curriculum Models and Aligned Programming for Gifted Students
- CURR 5214 - Differentiated Instruction and Research-based Strategies for Teaching the Gifted
- CURR 5215 - Gifted Program Leadership
- CURR 5230 - Practicum
4 credit courses:
- CURR 5202 - The Assessment & Identification of Gifted & Talented Students
- CURR 5203 - The Psychology of the Gifted: Social & Emotional Needs & Special Populations