MSN Nurse PractitionerOnline Programs » Masters and Doctorals » College of Nursing and Health Sciences (Beth-El) »
Our rigorous MSN program options are totally online, no campus visits are required. Practicum hours are set up and done where you live. You can expect to spend 12-15 hours per week per course in online course work. It is important that you plan accordingly to be successful. Most courses are 3 credits, the specialty/practicum courses are 5-8 credits. Six credits per semester is considered full time at graduate level.
Course DescriptionThe Master of Science Program in Nursing prepares students to become a Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Educator. The core graduate nursing curriculum develops empirical, esthetic, ethical, sociopolitical and personal knowing in relation to client management within the community based and acute health care delivery system.
MASTERS' OF NURSING PROGRAM AT UCCS RANKED 72 NATIONALLY!
Tied with 22 other public & private colleges & universities including programs at Baylor University, Brigham Young University, Georgia State University, San Diego State University & the University of Delaware.
The nursing program at the University of Colorado Denver, ranked 15. These two Colorado University programs are the only graduate nursing programs in Colorado ranked by U.S. News.
- Apply theories and scientific evidence to provide holistic care to the individual
- Provide leadership within clinical and organizational settings to provide high quality, safe, patient care
- Apply clinical reasoning to promote health and prevent disease for the individual, family, and community
- Critically appraise and apply current evidence in a clinical setting to ensure quality patient outcomes
- Use technology in the clinical setting to enhance safe and effective patient care
- Evaluate emerging trends, policy issues, and programmatic problems to improve health care delivery
- Use therapeutic, patient-centered, communication in the delivery of health care
- Collaborate in inter/intra-professional care teams
- Provide patient-centered, culturally competent healthcare to diverse patient populations
- Use an ethical framework for clinical practice and clinical expertise to care for patients
|MSN Core Courses (21-23 credits)|
Plus one of the following:
|Adult/Gerontological NP (26 Specialty Credits)||Family NP (25 Specialty Credits)|
|Adult/Gero NP = 47-49 Total Credits (includes 630 contact hours)||Family NP = 46-48 Total Credits (includes 630 contact hours)|