MSN Nursing EducationOnline Programs » Masters and Doctorals » College of Nursing and Health Sciences (Beth-El) »
Our rigorous MSN program options are totally online, no campus visits are required. Practicum hours are set up and done where you live. You can expect to spend 12-15 hours per week per course in online course work. It is important that you plan accordingly to be successful. Most courses are 3 credits, the specialty/practicum courses are 5-8 credits. Six credits per semester is considered full time at graduate level.
Course DescriptionThe Masters in Nursing Education prepares the student as a nurse educator to teach in Baccalaureate and Associate Degree nursing programs and in various clinical settings. Students will learn about curricular development, program planning and evaluation, learning strategies, and develop skills in different teaching methodologies
MASTERS' OF NURSING PROGRAM AT UCCS RANKED 72 NATIONALLY!
Tied with 22 other public & private colleges & universities including programs at Baylor University, Brigham Young University, Georgia State University, San Diego State University & the University of Delaware.
The nursing program at the University of Colorado Denver, ranked 15. These two Colorado University programs are the only graduate nursing programs in Colorado ranked by U.S. News.
- Demonstrates leadership within clinical, organizational, or academic settings to provide high quality care, identify emerging trends, policy issues, and programmatic problems in an effort to improve health care delivery and/or nursing education.
- Demonstrates professionalism and its values (including altruism, autonomy, human dignity, social justice, and integrity) as a Masters prepared advance practice nurse.
- Integrate advanced practice core competences in educational processes.
- Incorporate learning, nursing, and curriculum theories in the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing education programs.
- Implement instructional methods and evaluation for clinical and classroom teaching recognizing the diversity of the learner.
- Apply clinical expertise when conducting educational experiences.
- Integrates principles of evidence-based practice in educational design and implementation.
- Collaborates with diversified groups to promote nursing practice, education, and health care.
- Incorporates ethical precepts in education practices.
- Collaborates to promote nursing health care in political or legislative agendas.
MSN Core Courses (21-23 credits)
- NURS 6100 Philosophical Foundations in Nursing Practice
- NURS 6110 Advanced Nursing Practice and Health Care Policy
- NURS 6120 Adv Nursing Research
- NURS 6730 Advanced Health Assessment
- NURS 6740 Advanced Pathophysiology
- NURS 6280 Clinical Pharmacotherapeutics
Plus one of the following:
- NURS 7020 Applied Clinical Research (3) AND Comprehensive Exam (0)
- NURS 7000 Thesis (5)
Nursing Education Specialty Courses (17 credits)
- NURS 6190 Measurement and Evaluation
- NURS 6200 Curriculum Development
- NURS 6210 Transformational Teaching Strategies
- NURS 6180 Technology for Teaching
- NURS 7720 Education Practicum