The use of mobile devices has skyrocketed within the last year and integration with Exchange has enabled us to access more information than ever. This has become a majority security concern for the University. On February 1st, 2012 all mobile devices will be required to have a 4 digit pin code in order to be configured to receive University email. This setting will automatically be pushed to your mobile device if it is configured to receive University email. For more information please Click Here.
The following instructions will walk you through configuring, iPhones, iPad's and iPod Touches with the UCCS Exchange Server. These instructions are intended for use by UCCS Faculty and Staff.
1. Tap on Settings to open Settings Menu
2. Select Mail, Contacts, and Calendars to open email settings
3. Select Add Account to add your UCCS email account
4. From the list of account types select Microsoft Exchange
5. Enter the following information in the Account Settings:
•· Email: Your full UCCS email address
•· Domain: ufp
•· Username: Your UCCS username
•· Password: Your UCCS password
•· Description: A name for your email account
6. Enter exchange.uccs.edu in Server settings
7. If you are prompted to accept a certificate, press Accept
8. Determine what services you would like turned on and to synchronized with your account.
NOTE: If you select "ON" and sync your "Contacts" from Exchange, then the existing Contacts in your iPhone or iPod Touch will be REMOVED and REPLACED with your Exchange Contacts
9. Touch Save and verify the account is online by going to the home screen and selecting Mail.