The use of mobile devices has skyrocketed within the last year and integration with Exchange has enabled us to access more information than ever. This has become a majority security concern for the University. On February 1st, 2012 all mobile devices will be required to have a 4 digit pin code in order to be configured to receive University email. This setting will automatically be pushed to your mobile device if it is configured to receive University email. For more information please Click Here.
Please note that the following screen captures may look slightly different on your device depending on the version of Android you have. The settings will be the same. These instructions are intended for use by UCCS Faculty and Staff.
1. Open your email application and add a new Account. Enter your UCCS email address and password and select Manual Set up.
2. Select Exchange for the email account type.
3. Enter the following information for the Server Settings.
· Domain\Username: Your full UCCS email address
· Password: Your UCCS password
· Server: exchange.uccs.edu
Depending on which phone you have, you will either need to check Use secure connection or select the SSL security type. Then select Next.
4. Select what how long you want to keep emails available on your phone under Amount to synchronize and check what you want to synchronize with your Exchange email and select Next.
5. Give the account a name and you are done.