Global Engagement Office: Education Abroad

Financial Aid

If you are eligible for financial aid and/or receive scholarships, those awards may be applied toward your education abroad experience. It is important to check with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for more information regarding your particular financial aid situation. If you wish to use your UCCS financial aid and help pay for an education abroad program, here are a few things to consider:

  • Make sure you have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file. If you currently do not have one on file, you may apply for aid by completing the free application available at
  • If you have costs beyond those of a regular term, then you must see a Financial Aid Counselor and ask for a budget increase. You will need a document that lists the official costs of the program.
  • It is also very important that you submit your study away course approval form to the Education Abroad Office early. Students will work with their Academic Advisors and/or Faculty Advisors to complete their course approval form.

For complete information about how to use your financial aid for education abroad, please visit the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.

For questions about consortium agreements and budget adjustment forms, contact:

Karlene Hansen


Phone: (719) 255-3411