Skip to Page Content
Dr. Anderson's Web Pages
Useful Chemistry Links
Fun Science Links
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Useful Chemistry Links
American Chemical Society Online
- all the resources of ACS.
- properties of, applications for, and research on the elements.
- biology and chemistry education resources.
- probably the best free searchable database for information about chemical compounds.
- lots of links; especially useful for finding chemistry department pages around the world.
ChemReview: Calculations in Chemistry
- free, self-paced tutorials to help students learn and review the math and chemistry fundamentals needed to solve calculations in first-year college Chemistry.
- The Internet Navigator for the Chemical Industry: Find just about anything related to chemistry.
- and physical constants, material properties.
- from the Chemical Heritage Foundation, podcasts and blogs on the past, present, and future of chemistry.
Dynamic Periodic Table
- very cool.
- broken down into its various regions.
- free chemistry search engine. Search over 6 million structures by partial or full structure or name.
Fatty Acid Composition of Fats and Oils
- an interesting table.
- a free resource for chemistry students, with a variety of
, quizzes, tests and information to help with your chemistry learning needs.
Links for Chemists / Virtual Library Chemistry Section
- University of Liverpool site with over 8,225 chemistry resources.
Organic Chemistry Portal
- named reactions/mechanisms, recent topics, information on chemicals, resources, and job market.
Origins of Common Names of the Elements
- why does Na stand for sodium?
Origins of Common Names of Organic Compounds
- malic, maleic, malonic? Where do these names come from?
Periodic Table: WebElements
- most elaborate periodic table on the Web.
Periodic Table of Videos
- created by a team of chemists at the University of Nottingham, the first comprehensive set of videos made about the chemistry of the elements.
Rolf Claessen's Chemistry Index
- a great index of links to useful chemistry info.
WWW Chemistry Guide
- comprehensive and evaluated guide to web sites related to chemistry and the chemical industry.
chemical structure drawing software (go to Downloads, Freeware).
- suite including ChemDraw and Chem3D: chemical structure drawing and molecular modeling software. ChemOffice is available to students and faculty at a
Academic Careers Online
- teaching and administrative jobs from pre-kindergarten through colleges and universities.
- the classifieds and careers site of
Chemical & Engineering News
- leading job vacancy site for chemists, biochemists, pharmaceutical scientists and chemical engineers.
if any of these links don't work.)
© University of Colorado Colorado Springs
1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO USA 80918
719-255-8227 (UCCS), 800-990-8227
Vision and Values