Regional Job Announcements
We post regional job listings on behalf of other institutions for a limited time. Typically these are posts for leadership, counseling and teaching positions. If you have questions or need assistance regarding any listed postings, please contact the point of contact listed in the announcement. Use the links below to explore the opportunities.
Posted 10/16/2014 11:00 A.M.
Please visit our website at www.cscharter.org to apply. On the bottom of the page choose 'employment opportunities', click on the Science Teacher position link and then find the application link.
||7th / 8th Grade Science Teacher
||We are a K - 8 charter school that uses Core Knowledge curriculum and stresses rigorous academics and character.
||PERA, Health, Dental and Vision
||Please complete application below and submit along with cover letter, resume and 3 letters of recommendation.
||2577 N. Chelton Road
Posted 10/16/2014 10:24 A.M.
Family Looking for Tutor
We are looking for a tutor a few nights a week for my 12 year old son who is in the sixth grade and has Down Syndrome. He is very smart and high functioning, but needs help with basic school work, projects, homework, and general ability to stay on task. His parents are very active in the local, national, and international Down Syndrome movement and are passionate about his ability to be anything he wants - with no pre-determined notions about what he might be capable. His parents want him to rise to his highest ability like his typical peers and siblings. We have a very loving and busy house that could use an extra set of hands. We are located up north in the Monument area and anticipate the need for a tutor approximately 7-10 hours a week. We are flexible on the hours and will work around class schedules, mostly a few weeknight evenings and possibly a Saturday every once in awhile for a few hours. The position will pay $10/hour. Please contact Jim Faber directly at (719) 229-9952 or email@example.com
Posted 10/15/2014 1:00 P.M.
General Purpose: Line Staff are additional staff who work under the direction of the Lead Therapist/BCBA. Line Staff are assigned to individuals at residential and day program locations to specifically carry out the behavioral plan only. These activities are time-limited and are targeted to the behavioral plan.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities Current Line Staff duties may include:
- Collection of data that informs intervention and assessment
- Assist the Lead Therapist/BCBA in completing a functional assessment of problem behavior and/or social skills/language.
- Probe treatment protocols under the advisement of the Lead Therapist/BCBA ·Implementation of Plan
- Appropriate responses to residential and day program staff
- Model teaching relaxation and self-soothing techniques to residential and day program staff and to consumers
- Model for residential and day program staff how to provide pivotal attention delivery
- Model for residential and day program staff how to provide selective attention delivery
- Conduct incidental learning trials ·Provide social skills modeling for staff and consumers
- Model for residential and day program staff pre-cuing
- Facilitate discreet learning trials (if applicable)
- Line staff will implement any other interventions described in the IBSSP (selective attn delivery, redirection, incidental learning trials, preference assessments, habit reversal training, blocking, non-emotive responding)
- Assist in client recovery as outlined in elopement protocol (as needed)
- Advocates for the individual in the home as well as in the community.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with the individual and their families/guardian.
- Provide leadership, training, and guidance to staff in support of the primary consumer’s IP.
- Take on added responsibilities as necessary and as directed by Senior Therapist.
- Does not require credentialing but must be trained regarding behavioral plan implementation and interventions.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with parents and other caregivers.
- Demonstrate interest and skill in behavioral techniques.
- At least 3 months experience working with challenging individuals.
- All training completed and up to date. ·PCM and CPR/First Aid certified Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of college or 2 years of experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software helpful. Material and Equipment
- Telephone, voice mail, access to computer with Windows
- Must have reliable transportation Working Environment/Physical Activities
- Most activities will take place within the residential living site, day program, or school. As a community based service many functions are performed in the communities of the Colorado Springs and beyond.
- The line staff will spend a significant amount of 1:1 time in the community with the individual with whom they are implementing the behavioral plan.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 10/15/2014 12:29 P.M.