We post regional job listings on behalf of other institutions for a limited time. Typically these are posts for leadership, counseling and teaching positions. If you have questions or need assistance regarding any listed postings, please contact the point of contact listed in the announcement. Use the links below to explore the opportunities.
Colorado Springs Charter Academy is currently accepting application for an Elementary Teacher for the 2015/16 school year. We are a K - 8 charter school that uses Core Knowledge curriculum and stresses rigorous academics and character. Please visit our website at www.cscharter.org to apply. Choose contact us and then employment opportunities.
Title: Elementary Teacher Description: We are now accepting applications for an Elementary Teacher for the 2015-16 school year. CSCA is a K-8 charter school that stresses character and rigorous academics.
Please submit cover letter, application and 3 letters of reference.
Benefits: Eligible for vacation, health, dental and vision insurance.
Contact Name: Channa Dillie Contact Phone: (719) 636-2722 Contact Fax: (719) 636-2726
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Address: 2577 N. Chelton Road
Contact City: Colorado Springs Contact State: CO
Contact Zip: 80909
Posted 4/28/2015 1:00 P.M.
Thriving private practice looking to hire a seasoned licensed therapist for part-time contract work to begin Spring 2015. Must be interested and skilled in working with women through the lifespan from perinatal to postpartum to children/adolescents to young adult life changes. Particularly interested in someone with experience and training with women around the child-bearing years. Must be excited about and versatile for work with children, adolescents, families, couples and young adults. Must have experience in trauma treatment and interest in attachment issues. Knowledge of mindfulness techniques is a bonus. Must be registered (or willing to register) with the CAQH database and willing to work within several private insurance networks. Proven understanding of basic marketing skills and business development is a bonus.
Compensation will be provided on a monthly basis. Dynamic clinical supervision will be provided at the rate of an hour/month per every seven weekly clients as part of the compensation package. Fully licensed therapists only (LPC, LMFT, LCSW, LCP) will be considered.
Looking for highly motivated, responsible, and flexible individuals excited to build a caseload and develop both clinical and business skills. Interested therapists, please contact Aimee Solis, LPC or office manager, Erica Wong, at (719) 357-8957 for information about the practice. Also, please send a list of what books are on your nightstand, the last 3 CEU workshops you've attended, a very brief description of your approach to therapy, links to your professional internet presence, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 4/16/2015 1:40 P.M.
Posted 4/9/2015 4:20 P.M.
For more than 20 years City of Lakes AmeriCorps has served the students of the Minneapolis Public Schools as tutors, out-of-school enrichment leaders, and positive adult role models who inspire youth to reach their full potential. City of Lakes members serve in middle schools throughout the Minneapolis Public Schools district providing academic support and after school enrichment opportunities for Long-Term English Learners. Our members engage and empower students in their English language development through intentional interactions, research-based strategies, technology incorporation, and youth development best practices. Our ability to support the academic and developmental needs of our students depends on the one-on-one relationships members build with their students and is at the heart of all that we do. Our members gain unparalleled hands-on experience working with students, teachers, families, and fellow corps members. They serve as a cohort of emerging leaders who develop their professional and interpersonal skills while exploring the fields of education and youth development within the context of a large urban school system.
Essential qualifications to participate in City of Lakes AmeriCorps:
• Two full time years of college or the equivalent, such as an associate's degree or a minimum of 60 semester credits, OR significant related work experience and the ability to pass a reading and writing skills test.
• Strong interest in education and youth development. Prior experience with youth preferred.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced professional environment.
• Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Energy, creativity, and a passion for working with adolescent youth.
• Must be able to commit full time hours within the school day and after school programming schedule Top reasons that members like serving in City of Lakes AmeriCorps:
• Build meaningful relationships with adolescents from a wide variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
• Empower and motivate struggling students to gain the confidence they need to reach their full potential in school and in life.
• Gain hands-on experience and develop professional connections in the fields of education, youth development, and social services. • Serve with a diverse cohort of creative individuals committed to educational equity.
• Explore a variety of education- and social justice-related topics throughout the service year. All City of Lakes members receive extensive pre- and early-service training and participate in bi-monthly trainings and reflective learning discussions.
Full time positions are mainly available; part time positions are very limited. Applications will be accepted until August 1st, or until all positions are filled. Application opens in March.
Posted 4/8/2015 4:00 P.M.
Posted 4/8/2015 3:45 P.M.
Math and English Tutors needed! The Career Readiness Academy, located within Sierra High School, is in need of volunteer math and English tutors. This is a great opportunity to work within a low socio economic school, and with At Risk Youth, who are in need of your help! They are working online through a credit recovery program. So English and math can be lost in translation while they are trying to self-teach themselves. These students need someone who can help walk them through various math and English questions they may encounter.
If you are someone who is personable, genuine in wanting to help them, and looking for a great resume building opportunity please contact:
Justin Elways via email: Justin.email@example.com or cell phone (text or call): 719-246-4429
Posted 4/7/2015 4:00 P.M.
1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. A valid Colorado Teaching Certificate endorsed in area of assignment.
3. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate.
Job Goals: To assist the classroom teachers in implementing appropriate curriculum for students with a second language.
1. Have the ability to modify lessons for the classroom teacher to support student achievement.
2. Communicate effectively with classroom teachers.
3. Work closely with teachers to identify and meet needs of students in the ELL program.
4. Have knowledge of the concepts being taught in the general education classroom.
5. Form a positive, working relationship with students in the ELL program.
6. Communicate effectively with parents of students in the ELL program.
7. Evaluate needs and certify if the student meets state requirements for funding.
8. Attend staffings and conferences, help translate conversations if appropriate.
For additional information on this or other job listings with the district, visit: http://www.applitrack.com/ffc8/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1
Posted 3/30/2015 4:24 P.M.
Special Needs 360 has some new openings for students who would like to get more experience in working with special needs individuals and becoming one of our Positive Peer Mentors. A Positive Peer Mentor has the opportunity to develop a strong therapeutic relationship with clients that creatively helps these clients grow in social and independent living skills. They have the chance to make a positive impact in a person's life, working alongside the family to help special needs individuals reach personal goals with the overall goal of greater independence and social connectedness in the community. Mentor's also have the benefit of a great support system, flexible hours, and the opportunity to gain valuable work experience. This internship pays $10 per hour and offers anywhere from 4-12 hours per week depending on fit and availability.
Requirements: A passion or interest in helping special needs individuals with the idea of pursuing a career in a similar field. Must have a valid drivers license, insurance, and have a clean background report. Driving most likely required and mileage will be reimbursed at standard mileage reimbursement rates.
Posted 3/20/2015 10:15 A.M.
World Compass Academy is looking for the following classroom teachers - Preschool through fifth grade Specials teachers - Art, P.E., Music Foreign language teachers - fluent in Spanish, French, or Mandarin
Other Positions - Social Worker, Early Childhood Teachers, Teacher's Aides, School Librarian
Description: World Compass Academy, the newest charter school in Douglas County, Colorado, is now accepting applications for all teaching and staff positions for the 2015-16 school year. World Compass Academy equips students to go anywhere in the world with the foundational skills needed for success. Core Knowledge will serve as the foundation of the curriculum with an emphasis on mastery based learning. Additionally, language teachers will deliver 45 minutes of daily immersion instruction to children in each grade in either Spanish, French, and Mandarin. We are seeking flexible, creative, innovative individuals who are extremely organized, hard working and open to new ideas. Applicants should be team players and possess a desire to focus on customer service to build strong partnerships with students and families.
Qualifications: Colorado Teaching License where applicable
To apply please fill out an application form at: http://www.worldcompassacademy.com/employment-application/
Posted 3/9/2015 3:15 P.M.