We post regional job listings on behalf of other institutions for a limited time. Typically these are posts for leadership, counseling and teaching positions. If you have questions or need assistance regarding any listed postings, please contact the point of contact listed in the announcement. Use the links below to explore the opportunities.
Volunteers will be needed October-December Monday evenings 3:30p.m.-6:00p.m. Office:719-572-6356 Cell: 719-246-4114
Posted 8/27/2015 4:45 P.M.
Posted 7/8/2015 10:30 A.M.
Posted 7/8/2015 10:30 A.M.
Chavez-Huerta K-12 Preparatory Academy has the following vacancies. You can visit their website at www.chpa-k12.org to apply online. Employment is located under the 'About Us' tab, choose 'Employment' and then 'Job Opportunities' for all listings.
Available Position Titles:
Application Process: Please submit a letter of interest, current resume, application, and transcripts to Shannon Behling sbehling@chpa-K12.org or fax to 719-545-4264.
The online application is located on the bottom of the 'Job Opportunities' page.
Posted 7/8/2015 8:30 A.M.
Colorado Springs Charter Academy is currently accepting applications for an Educational Assistant, Elementary Teacher and a Music Teacher for the 2015/16 school year. We are a K - 8 charter school that uses Core Knowledge curriculum and stresses rigorous academics and character. Please visit our website at www.cscharter.org to apply. Choose 'contact us' and then 'employment opportunities'.
Please submit cover letter, application and 3 letters of reference.
Benefits: Eligible for vacation, health, dental and vision insurance.
Contact Name: Channa Dillie
Contact Phone: (719) 636-2722
Contact Fax: (719) 636-2726
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Address: 2577 N. Chelton Road
Contact City: Colorado Springs
Contact State: CO Contact Zip: 80909
Posted 7/1/2015 2:15 P.M.
See their website job 'employment' and then 'current job openings' bottom of the page.
Posted 6/29/2015 1:47 P.M.
Academy Advanced and Creative Learning is searching for a: Special Education Teacher (full time) ~must meet Highly Qualified teaching requirements for special education certification ~preference for experienced teachers with gifted endorsements and/or gifted education experience All teachers at AcademyACL must meet the requirement of a "highly qualified teacher" as mandated by the No Child Left Behind Law.
Requirements are as follows:
A. Must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or higher;
B. Must have demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area(s) that he/she teaches by passing a content area test or enough hours to be equivalent to a major (24 semester hours). The core academic areas are English; Reading or Language Arts; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Languages; Social Studies (Civics, Government, Economics, History, Geography); the Arts (visual arts, Drama, Music).
C. The 3rd requirement, as mandated for public school employees, is state certification/licensure in special education. This requirement is not waived for Special Education Teachers at a charter school. AcademyACL will have preference for special education teachers who also hold gifted education endorsements and/or experience, familiarity, or awareness of gifted education needs.
Candidate should have concentrations, research, and/or experience and be prepared to continue to develop skill and expertise, in:
- Special Education (and Remedial Instruction techniques)
- Curriculum & Instruction - Gifted Education/Twice-Exceptional Education
- Colorado’s Response to Intervention (RtI) & MTSS Process Position
Start Date: Typically, August 1, 2015
Beginning Teacher Salary: $30,000
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent people-skills that include advocacy, teamwork, co-teaching, and conflict resolution skills
- Initiative and Attention-to-detail that actively seeks and meets legal requirements for accommodations, modifications, scheduling, identification, and special education needs
- Consistent implementation of high standards for educational ethics and best practices
- High capacity in all academic content areas for teaching kindergarten through eighth grade students
- Awareness and skill with both academic and social-emotional needs of twice-exceptional students
- Ability to use proven methods to help students increase achievement, including the tiered response and support systems as mandated by Colorado and directed by Colorado Springs District 11
- Effective teamwork with special education and the work of school psychologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech/language pathologists, school nurses, and other such specialists
- Personal Growth Mindset that welcomes and applies coaching feedback and celebrates goals
- Flexibility for working with a wide range of students, colleagues, and innovative techniques in a range of push-in, pull-out, and co-teaching service options
Job Summary: The Special Education Teacher is expected to provide a highly challenging, highly supportive gifted education program that meets the vision and the mission of AcademyACL under the guidance of the Academy Director. The Special Education Teacher is entrusted with the educational support of students with federally mandated Individual Education Plans for educational, physical, and other handicaps as well as additional students who are being monitored in a tiered response process. Special education teachers are also expected to build relationships with other students in the teaching team and within the school as appropriate, and to support other teachers in the mission of the Academy. This teacher is expected to contribute to a highly supportive and highly challenging school climate that supports academic achievement and the needs of the whole child.
Academy for Advanced and Creative Learning in Colorado Springs is seeking just the right fit for the 2015-16 school year, with someone to join our current full-time special education teacher as a second full-time sped teacher. This position will remain open until we locate the right fit for our team's needs, and we are currently scheduling interviews. We have an innovative program that specializes in working with academically gifted students, some of whom qualify as twice-exceptional with both a disability and an area of advanced strength. As a charter school we also have open enrollment (an open choice for parents) and as a result we also enroll more typical learners with IEPs as well.
This video link provides a snapshot of who we are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDKWZAkM_ZU We have included some additional information below. If you are interested in the position, we would like to invite you to our EdMatch site, and to email email@example.com if you intend to submit an application. We also invite you to send us your resume in advance of the application.
Our employment application is available at: http://www.academyacl.org/admissions-admin/Employment/. Please let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you have any trouble locating application, or if you have any further questions.
Posted 6/13/2015 8:30 P.M.