Leann Wyrick Morgan, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor of Counseling in the Counseling and Human Services Department at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. She holds a B.A. in Communication from Purdue University, M.A. in Human Services and Counseling from DePaul University, and Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from The University of Northern Colorado. Her primary counseling experience is with adolescents and their families, both in the community and school settings. She is a former School-to-Career Coordinator and Professional School Counselor at Thompson Valley High School in Loveland, CO. She is also a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Colorado, and a National Certified Counselor. She currently serves on the Governing Boards of the Colorado Career Development Association (CCDA), Colorado School Counselor Association (CSCA), and the Colorado Association for Career and Technical Education (CACTE). Her research interests include, K-12 college and career readiness, school counseling, supervision, counselor training and accountability, career/life programs for special needs students, working with students of poverty at the middle and high school levels, and career counseling with military veterans and other adults in transition.
Ph.D. Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision: School Counseling
University of Northern Colorado- 2004
M.A with Distinction., Human Services and Counseling: Agencies, Family Concerns and Higher Education
DePaul University - 1995
B.A., Communication: Organizational Leadership and Supervision
Purdue University - 1991
Certification and Licensure
- Licensed Professional Counselor: Colorado
- Licensed School Counselor: Colorado
- National Certified Counselor (NBCC)
COUN 3110 Career Planning
COUN 5100 Theories and Techniques of Group Counseling
COUN 5430 Career Development
Publications and Presentations
- Wyrick-Morgan, L., Gosselin, K.,Moore,B. (2013). In Group Activities to Enhance Counselor Education. Glass, S. & Dotson-Blake, K.(Eds.). Virginia: American Counseling Association
- Szepe, A., Morgan, L., & Medina, B.(March, 2013). Engaging Counselors in Community Needs Following a Natural Disaster. American Counseling Association Annual Conference, Cincinnati,OH.
- Morgan,L. (November, 2012) 'Everybody's doin it!' Academic Dishonesty Among High School Students & What School Counselors Can Do About It! Colorado School Counselor Association Annual Conference, Vail, CO.
- Morgan, L. (November, 2012). Discovering Barriers to Girls Accessing STEM Careers. Colorado School Counselor Association Annual Conference, Vail, CO.
- Morgan, L., McCarty, J. (November, 2012). The Possible Selves Career Interview: Images in Career Development. Colorado Career Development Association Annual Conference, Longmont, CO.
- Morgan, L., & Greenwald, M.E.(October, 2012). 'Can we talk about suicide instead?' School Counselors' Fear and Loathing of Career Counseling: A Call to Action in Counselor Education. Rocky Mountain Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Regional Conference, Park City, UT.
Volunteer and Service
- Chi Sigma Iota Chapter Faculty Adviser
- College of Education Innovations in Technology Committee (College)
- CU System Faculty Council Women's Committee Member
- American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Volunteer, Waldo Canyon Fire Colorado Springs, CO. June, 2012
State / National
- Colorado Career Development Association, Governing Board Member 2013-present
- Colorado Association of Career & Technical Education, Governing Board Member
- CACTE: Guidance & Career Development Division, President Elect
- Colorado Education Task Force Committee Member
- Colorado School Counselor Association Governing Board Member