Why choose the UCCS College of Business?
The College of Business is a forward-looking, innovative college whose vision of building successful futures encompasses students, faculty, staff, campus and community. We focus equally on teaching and research, which means students benefit from the expertise of faculty in the classroom and from the current knowledge our faculty members develop through their research. Our collaborative mindset creates strong relationships with local business and the community at large, and we are looked at as a resource for our region.
Our accreditation from AACSB International - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - means you are getting a high quality education. Less than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction.
Our College of Business Ethics Initiative incorporates principle-based ethics education throughout the College of Business while, at the same time, instilling a high standard of integrity and leadership within our students. This program, supported by a generous grant from the Daniels Fund, helps you build ethical decision making skills so that you can recognize and address ethical issues throughout your career.
Our Internship and Placement Office helps current students find internships to fit their interests. The office will also work with you to help you find a permanent job in your field.
We offer three degrees: the Bachelor of Science in Business, the Bachelor of Innovation in Business™, and the Master of Business Administration. Each has its distinct advantages, so read below to learn more.
Bachelor of Science in Business
- All undergraduate classes are taught by faculty, not teaching assistants, so you have direct access to their expertise.
- Our well-respected, research-oriented faculty brings thought leadership, and advanced curriculum, and Fortune 500 consulting experience into the classroom.
- Undergraduate business classes have an average of only 35 students. Online undergraduate business classes have a maximum of 25 students.
- Our Internship and Placement Center will help you get an edge in today's competitive job market over individuals with no relevant work experience. More than 300 national and international internships are awarded each year.
- Customize your degree to fit your interests and learning style by combining one or more areas of emphasis or specialties.
- In addition to traditional business subjects like accounting, finance, marketing, or management, qualifying students can choose to develop knowledge and skills in topics like Sport Management, PGA Golf Management, or entrepreneurship.
- Complete your degree online. Our flexible online program allows you to take one class or up to two years of business courses from anywhere in the world.
- Prepare for a career in international business by earning a dual degree from UCCS and the Frankfurt School of Management.
- Click here to learn more about the BS in Business degree.
Bachelor of Innovation™ in Business
- The Bachelor of Innovation™ family of degrees is unique to UCCS and combines the study of innovation, engineering, business, and entrepreneurship.
- Hands-on, experiential program allows students to learn by doing.
- Interactive, long-term teams give students valuable experience in how innovation works in industry
- Click here to learn more about the BI™ in Business degree.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Our flexible program allows you to keep your career and family life while earning your degree.
- Evening and online courses accommodate your busy schedule.
- Online courses are asynchronous, so you can do course work anytime from anywhere you have an internet connection.
- Our internationally-recognized doctoral-level faculty are known for innovative thinking, skilled teaching, and relevant research.
- Small class sizes mean you and your instructors can get to know each other.
- Start in Spring, Summer, or Fall semesters.
- Complete your degree in as few as 16 months or take as long as 5 years.
- Tailor your degree to your interests and goals by specializing in one of our areas of emphasis.
- Click here to learn more about the MBA degree.