As part of the College of Business' celebration and support of entrepreneurship in the Pikes Peak region, the Lifetime Entrepreneurship Award, the College is offering one or two scholarships in the amount of $2,500 to students who plan to start their own business. Our goals is to help our committed and capable students who possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit gain the confidence needed to run their own enterprises that create jobs and give back to the community. The scholarships will be applied to the 2013/2014 academic year.
The winner(s) will be asked to attend the 2013 Lifetime Entrepreneurship Award Luncheon schedule for Friday, April 19, 2013 during which he or she will be recognized among community and campus leaders.
Qualified Applicants Must:
- Have a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be a College of Business undergraduate senior enrolled in 6+ credit hours in Fall 2013 with a declared minor degree in Entrepreneurship
- OR Be a College of Business graduate student enrolled in 3+ credit hours in Fall 2013
- Be a Colorado state resident
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Plan on launching a Pikes Peak region based business within the next two years
- OR Have already launched a viable business concept in the Pikes Peak region
Scholarship monies will be awarded directly to the students' UCCS tuition account in two installments. If a student takes a semester off or falls below the required credit hours, he or she will forfeit the scholarship.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2013
How to Apply:
To apply, each candidate must complete the electronic application (link below). Before starting the application, please make sure to have the following ready to upload:
- Professional Résumé (.pdf, .doc, or .dox format)
- A 300-500 word essay on your business goals, an explanation of why you want to be an entrepreneur, how you’ve demonstrated business leadership,
innovation and/or risk-taking, and why you need the scholarship. If you’ve started your own business, please describe it here.
Additionally, you must have the following documents mailed or emailed directly to Samantha Bruner, Alumni Relations, College of Business:
- Official UCCS Transcript (click HERE to access the request link)
- One or two letters of recommendation from a college instructor or professor (click HERE to download the Recommendation Form)
Alumni Relations, College of Business
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
EVERYTHING MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE. POSTMARKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Applicants will be notified via mail or email by Friday, March 29, 2013.
READY TO APPLY?
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION
Below: Brenda Smith with Austin Sills, 2012 Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship Winner, during the Lifetime Entrepreneurship Award Luncheon on May 11, 2012.