PGA Professional Development
As a PGA Golf Management student at UCCS, you will go through the training program developed and implemented by the PGA. This includes PGA work-experience activities and online knowledge tests. In addition, professional seminars expand your knowledge and skills required to succeed in a golf career.
Before you graduate, you'll need to pass the Playing Ability Test (PAT), administered by sections of the PGA all over the country. Our Player Development Instructor plans activities and instruction to help you prepare for and pass this demanding test of your golf skills. Our indoor state-of-the-art swing lab will help you refine your swing year-round so you can play your best.
Here are some other professional development opportunities you will receive as a UCCS PGA Golf Management student:
- Colorado Section PGA Meetings, Seminars & Workshops: not only great training but tremendous networking opportunities too!
- Player Development Workshops: designed to help you pass the Playing Ability Test (PAT).
- Boys & Girls Club Parnerships: among other development opportunities, students get to organize and run The Golf Classic, a charitable tournament hosted at the Broadmoor.
- Golf in Schools Training: train as a coach as you mentor younger golfers.
- The First Tee of Pikes Peak Coaches Training: impact children with golf's important character lessons and serve the community.
- Merchandise & Retail Seminars: learn from the best retail and merchansiders in the Colorado Section PGA.
- Guest Speakers
- Play Golf Day at UCCS: celebrate the game you love with the entire campus community!
We are in the business of building successful futures. ™