UCCS and the College of Business care about your success and offer many resources for academic and personal growth to help you stay on track as a college student.
Please take advantage of the following resources - they have been created for you!
- Student Success Center - Academic Advising - At the Student Success Center, we empower students to realize their academic goals, develop their career options and provide access to information regarding campus resources. Our services include academic advising for undergraduate students, as well as career counseling for all student levels.
- College of Business Internship and Career Placement - The Internship and Career Placement Center for undergraduate and graduate business students assists students searching for business internships and for part-time and full time positions; it also provides assistance with resume writing and career direction.
- Campus Career Center - At the Career Center, we have the tools, vision and experience to help you draw your own academic and career map.
- Office of First Year Experience - The Office of First Year Experience & Transfer Student Connections offers transitional, academic, and student development support services to all freshmen and transfer students. Our goal is to help you transition into college life, both academically and socially. We know that students who feel more connected to campus and supported by faculty/staff perform better academically and are more satisfied with their overall college experience.
- College of Business Computer Lab - The College of Business Computer Lab, located in Dwire 123, hires mentors/tutors to help business students with business courses like accounting, statistics, and finance.
- Centers for Academic Excellence - The Excel Centers for Academic Excellence at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, includes the Language Center, the Mathematics Center, the Communication Center, the Science Center, and the Writing Center - five academic Centers designed to provide critical academic and individual support to all students in the University in all major academic areas, both within and beyond the classroom.
- University Testing Center - If you need to make up an exam, take an exam early, take a correspondence exam, or take a standardized exam, contact the Testing Center. You need to work with your professor and set an appointment at the Testing Center at least 24 hours in advance.
- Disability Services - UCCS takes great pride in the academic and personal achievements of its many students and alumni with disabilities. Disability Services mission is to provide students with disabilities skills, reasonable accommodations and support services to participate fully in the academic environment and opportunities available at UCCS. In addition Disability Services promotes accessibility to all UCCS buildings, programs, and activities. Students are expected to utilize the resource of Disability Services to the degree they determine necessary.
- University Counseling Center - The University Counseling Center is designed to serve the counseling and mental health-related needs of UCCS students. The services we provide help UCCS students achieve their educational goals, define their career goals, learn more about problem-solving processes, enhance their capacity for satisfying interpersonal relationships, and maximize their capacity for continued emotional growth. Our services include individual therapy, couples therapy, family therapy, crisis/emergency interventions, and consultation sessions for concerned friends/roommates/instructors. We also offer workshops and presentations open to the UCCS community. On our website, you will find more information about the services we offer, our staff, outside resources to help you with a variety of different issues, and ways to contact us.
We are in the business of building successful futures. ™