MBA Conditional Application Checklist
International Students that plan to study English as a second language in the US or who may be eligible for scholarships from their home country may seek Conditional Admission to the MBA program. This option is available only to academically qualified applicants that have earned the equivalent of a 3.0 or higher (out of 4.0) cumulative GPA in their undergraduate degree. (Approximately a 3.5 on a 5 point scale.) Application for Conditional Admission requires the following steps and documents. Using the checklist below will ensure a rapid application process.
How to Apply for Conditional Admission:
- Online Application
- $75 non-refundable application fee: send check or money order made out to UCCS to address listed on the right or pay with credit card/electronic check while filling out the online application form.
- One (1) official sealed transcript from every institution of higher learning ever attended, regardless of the number of credit hours taken or degrees earned. Must have graduated with a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants who have been awarded a bachelor’s degree and/or graduate degree from an international higher education institution (recognized by the country’s Education Ministry) need to submit a course-by-course foreign degree evaluation by a NACES member or AACRAO.
- If you are a former UCCS student who has attended classes within the past 4 years, the MBA office should be able to access your UCCS transcripts and any other previously provided transcripts directly from the Office of Admissions & Records.
- Photocopy of Bachelor's diploma/certificate
- Current Resume
- Statement of Interest: The Statement of Interest is your chance to address the Admissions Committee. You should explain why you want to pursue an MBA and what you bring to the program. This is also a good place to address any weaknesses in your application (i.e., low test score, lack of work experience, inconsistent undergraduate grades, etc.). The Statement of Interest does not have any length requirements but is generally 1-2 pages.
- Optional: Letters of Recommendation
- Non - U.S. citizens that are already in the U.S. must submit the one or more of the following documents with their application:
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of Alien Registration Card
- Copy of I-94
If a students is offered Conditional Admission the following conditions will apply:
- Successful demonstration of English Language proficiency
- passing score on the TOEFL (see below) or
- passing score on the IELTS (see below)
- Completion of the GMAT with a total score of 500 or higher.
To Convert from Conditional Status to Admitted Status the following documents must be submitted:
- Proof of English Language Proficiency - submit one of the following:
- Official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- The UCCS test code is 4874
- Minimum score accepted by UCCS:
- Official scores on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), which requires a minimum overall band score of 6.0.
- Official scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- UCCS will be listed as an option under Part-time MBA Programs.
Financial Support Forms
The application checklist above is for students seeking conditional admission. International students seeking regular, full admission to the MBA program should used the International Application Checklist.
The application process should begin 2-4 months prior to the deadlines listed above. This allows sufficient time for transcripts to arrive and the GMAT or GRE to be taken.
University of Colorado Colo. Springs
Graduate School of Business Admin.
ATTN: MBA Admission Coordinator
1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Please add email@example.com to your list of approved e-mail addresses to ensure all application correspondence is delivered to your in box. Be sure to check your e-mail regularly throughout the application process.
International Student Services:
General information for prospective and current international students is available on the UCCS International Student Services website.
We are in the business of building successful futures. ™