College of Business Learning Objectives
The College of Business has established the following learning objectives for students in our bachelor's and master's degree programs. The faculty measure student progress on these objectives in a variety of core classes throughout the curriculum.
Business, BS-Bachelor of Science
Our students will:
- Know core business concepts.
- Be effective communicators.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills supported by appropriate analytical, quantitative and qualitative techniques for tactical and operational decision-making.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork skills.
- Understand ethical issues, including sustainability and social responsibility, and how they impact business and society.
- Have a global perspective.
- Understand key issues of operating in diverse organizations.
- Be able to integrate core business concepts across disciplines.
Business, MBA-Master of Business Administration
Our students will demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand and apply knowledge in accounting, finance, information technology, management, marketing, operations and strategy.
- Make decisions that incorporate ethical principles, legal obligations and social responsibility (including sustainability) and that consider all stakeholders.
- Function effectively as a team member and a team leader in a diverse business environment.
- Communicate professionally and effectively.
- Think critically and analyze and synthesize information for problem identification and effective managerial decision-making.
- Recognize, appreciate and respect diversity and cultural differences in order to adapt and succeed in global business environments.
We are in the business of building successful futures. ™