September 17, 2013
Many exciting changes are occurring in Colorado Spring; from new partnerships within the community to new city tourism proposals that will surely impact the local economy.
That is why I am so eager for the 17th Annual Southern Colorado Economic Forum, held on September 26th at the Antlers Hilton Hotel in downtown Colorado Springs. The Forum offers an annual snapshot of our economy and is an invaluable planning resource for local businesses. And with business experts and public sector officials together on our panel, this year's promises to be an engaging discussion of critical issues facing our community.
The keynote speaker, Dr. Jim Paulsen, is Chief Investment Strategist at Wells Capital Management and has 20 years of experience in the investment management industry. Following, Dr. Tom Zwirlein and Dr. Fred Crowley of the College of Business will present the forum results and regional economic outlook over the next 12 to 18 months.
The Forum will end with a panel of local experts moderated by John Hazelhurst from the Colorado Springs Business Journal. The panel members include:
· Dennis Hisey, Chair, El Paso County Commissioners
· Keith King, President, Colorado Springs City Council
· Marcus McGarity, Chief Financial Officer, WHPacific, Inc.
· Kevin O'Neil, CEO, The O'Neil Group Company
· Joe Raso, President and CEO, Colorado Springs Regional Business Alliance
· Jon Stillman, Vice President of Corporate Development, Bal Seal Engineering Inc.
Please visit the Forum's website to learn more and register . I hope to see you there.
Venkat Reddy, PhD
Dean, College of Business