The institution of principle-based ethics education throughout the College of Business while, at the same time, instilling a high standard of integrity and leadership within our students. This instruction will serve the practical purpose of improving the ethical environment, be applicable to the corporate world, and prepare students to enter the increasingly complex global business environment. Expected outcomes include:
1. Student learning - through the development of a foundation ethics curriculum and the institution of an effective code of conduct.
2. Involvement of the business community - through the implementation of service learning opportunities, the organization of a community partnership group, and the continued support of junior achievement and ethics award programs.
3. Outreach to other educational institutions - through the continued dialogue with the other members of the Daniels Fund Ethics Ethics Initiative Consortium, a group of eight universities (including UCCS) who have made a commitment to the principle-based ethics practiced by Bill Daniels.
4. Outreach to non-business disciplines on campus - by instituting cross-discipline initiatives, such as working with the geology department to tackle environmental issues, or the philosophy department to gain a broader understanding of the underlying philosophies inherent in modern business.
OUR PURPOSE and MISSION STATEMENT
To instill ethical principles into the personal and organizational decision-making process of every member of the University of Colorado Colorado Springs community. This integrative learning environment will create leaders with integrity, capable of responsible global business management and conscious of the accountability inherent in corporate governance. Initiative activities will focus on four program areas:
1. Ethics (ethical decision-making, ethical leadership, organizational ethical programs)
2. Corporate Social Responsibility
3. Global Sustainability
4. Corporate Governance