Loan Administration - Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions - Loan Admin.
  • 1.) When is the financial aid disbursement ?
    Generally, the first disbursement will occur within the week before the first day of classes. Tentative dates are listed on the Loan Administration Home Page.
  • 2.) Are you the same as Financial Aid ?
    No, most financial aid processes, such as applying for aid, are handled by the Financial Aid Office. We are involved in Perkins loans, direct deposit, and the disbursement of aid/loans. For info regarding your aid awards themselves, you should contact the Financial Aid Office at (719) 255-3460.
  • 3.) When can I get an Short Term Loan ?
    Short term loans are available 5 calendar days before classes begin. For interim classes, book loans are available the business day before the interim class starts. To request a short-term loan, you must first visit a Financial Aid counselor. They will direct you through the remaining process. Be sure to bring your photo ID.
  • 4.) Why do I get a Direct Deposit Authorization Form with my disbursement check ?
    UCCS prefers that all disbursements occur by way of Direct Deposit. Please complete and submit the form to our office so that you can receive future disbursements electronically to your bank account. The direct deposit refunds also process much faster than a mailed check.
  • 5.) How does financial aid pay my bill, and how much do I get back ?
    Financial aid awards (scholarships, grants, loans) are applied toward your balance with the University. This includes tuition, fees, fines, housing, etc. Once your balance is paid-in-full, you will receive a refund (disbursement) for the remaining credit balance.
  • 6.) How often do disbursements occur ?
    Generally, disbursements occur Mondays through Thursdays. After the disbursement begins processing, you can expect to receive it by the middle of the following week by direct deposit, or by the end of the following week by check. If you are receiving a refund for a down payment (from withdrawal), disbursements will begin after census date.