Biofrontiers Research Associates
Kathrin Spendier PhD.
PhD (Physics) 2012 University of New Mexico
- Study dynamics of mast cell surface receptors in cell membrane curvature gradients.
- K. Spendier, J. A. Timlin, J. L. Thomas, and V. M. Kenkre, "Theory of coalescence of diffusing receptor clusters in immune cells," in preparation.
- Spatial Patterns in Mast Cell Activation in Mast Cells: Phenotypic Features, Biological Functions, and Role in Immunity (invited book chapter) K. Spendier and J. L. Thomas, Nova Science Publishers, Inc, in print.
- K. Spendier, D. S. Lidke, K. A. Lidke and J. L. Thomas, "Single-particle tracking of immunoglobulin E receptors (FcεRI) in micron-sized clusters and receptor patches," FEBS Letters, 586, Issue 4, (2012).
Ke (Jack) Jiang PhD.
PhD (Chemistry) 2009 Texas Christian University
- Gold/silver nanoparticles-polymer composite gels for photothermally enhanced laser treatments.
- Fluorescent gold/silver nanoclusters as stable and biocompatible probes for bio-imaging and bio-sensing applications.
- Three-dimensional gold/silver nanoparticle arrays for Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy.
- K. Jiang, L. Ma, J. Wang, W. Chen, "Graphene oxide and reduced graphene oxide: synthesis, photoluminescence and biotechnology applications," Rev. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. (2013) In press.
- K. Jiang, G. R. Akkaraju, J. L. Coffer, " Silicon nanowire/polycaprolactone composites and their impact on stromal cell function," J. Mater. Res. 28, 185 (2013).
Biofrontiers Graduate Students
Vira Kravetz (Ms. Sci)
Graduate Research Assistant
Experimental and theoretical study of the optical properties of:
- colloidal solutions of photoluminescent silver nanoclusters for bio-sensing and fluorescent microscopy.
- ordered arrays of gold nanoparticles and thin films, related to the surface plasmon resonance excited in them, for bio-sensing and fluorescent microscopy.
- V. V. Kravets, O. A. Yeshchenko, V. V. Gozhenko, L. E. Ocola, D. A. Smith, J. V. Vedral and A. O. Pinchuk, "Tunable resonance absorption of light in a chain or gold nanoparticles," J. Phys. D: Applied Physics 45, 045102 (2012).
- V. V. Gozhenko, D. A. Smith, J. L. Vedral, V. V. Kravets and A. O. Pinchuk, "Electrodynamic coupling in regular arrays of gold nanocylinders," J. Phys. Chem. C 115, 8911 (2011).
- V. V. Kravets, K. Culhane, I. M. Dmitruk and A. O. Pinchuk, "Glycine-coated photoluminescent silver nanoclusters," Colloidal Nanocrystals for biomedical applications VII, Proc. of SPIE 8232, 1 (2012).
Graduate Research Assistant
Theoretical study of surface plasmon polaritons for bio-sensing applications.
- N. R. Anderson and R. E. Camley, "Attenuated total reflection study of bulk and surface polaritons in antiferromagnets and hexagonal ferrites: propagation at arbitrary angles," J. Appl. Phys. 113, 013904 (2013).