Biology-related Lab space is available on the fourth floor of the Osborne Science and Engineering Building at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS). The facilities were built in 2009 and are state of the art. There are adjoining laboratory modules including six research lab modules totaling 3800 sq feet plus shared core facility space of 1000 sq ft. and an 1800 sq foot vivarium.
Each module is equipped with a 6 foot Nuaire Labgard class II Type B2 biosafety hood and a 6 foot Thermo Scientific chemical hood.
Additional equipment includes: water jacketed CO2 incubators refrigerated centrifuges, RealTime PCR machine, a 12x9 foot cold room and ultra-low freezer. There is a Beckman Coulter FC500 dual laser flow cytometer capable of multi-color analysis and 96 well plate reader and multiple licenses for FlowJo analysis software.
Physics-related Lab space is available on the first floor of the Osborne Science and Engineering Building at UCCS.
1) Atomic Force Microscope
2) Scanning Electron Microscope
3) Ultra-fast pulsed laser system
4) Brillouin Light Scattering System
5) Molecular Beam Epitaxy with various analyzers
6) Far Infra-red spectrometer
7) Network Analyzer - 500 MHz - 110 GHz
8) Ferromagnetic resonance systems 10 GHz, 24 GHz, 35-55 GHz
9) UV/Vis/IR spectrometer
11) Sputtering deposition system